[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone find it odd that this guy was born in Shillington,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: John-Updike.jpg (67 KB, 580x291) Image search: [Google]
John-Updike.jpg
67 KB, 580x291
Does anyone find it odd that this guy was born in Shillington, Pennsylvania ... has a big nose ... and his name becomes (with a few modifications)

Jewn Upkek Topkikedikecock?
>>
>>8170690
epin
>>
He might just be the greatest English prose stylist ever, though, when he's at his best. No lie.
>>
>>8170711
>when he's at his best
What work do you feel he displays this the best in
>>
>>8170732
Do your own homewI've only read the Rabbit tetralogy, Rabbit is Rich IMO had consistently the best prose of all of them, but they're all worth reading, since he reaches those great moments in all of them.

As for the OP:
"Jewn", as in "Jew", also "June", a feminine name
SHILLington, Jews being shills
Updike, topkek, clear correlation, top equivalent to up and kek also sounding similar to kike (Jew) which rhymes with dike, dike being of course a lesbian, which matches with his feminine name Jewn (pronounced June), and then, of course, cock to complete the kek-kike relation, cock being what Updike writes about a lot and, as a lesbian, secretly thirsts after.

Truly a masterpiece of wordplay.
>>
>>8170744
>Do your own homework
Are you actually a retarded person? You asserted with any example, I asked for an example. All the rabbit books are certainly not worth reading, which is another reason I asked.
>>
>>8170744
I also read the Centaur, lol, forgot about that one. That had a huge perfect stretch, completely diamond, going through George's life as he stays after school then George and Peter staying out late and the car fucking up, having to go to a garage, and for 70 or 80 pages I was just like, "Godfuckingdamnit, I have to be able to write like this one day."

Suddenly becomes shit, after that, tho.
>>
>>8170760
Lol, screw you, fag, I'm not wasting my time typing up gorgeous passages from my copies of Updike's books.
>>
>>8170690

I thought that was Adrien Brody for a second.
>>
>>8170760
>homework
He said homew, fucking idiot.
>>
>>8170763
how hard is it to search "rabbit is rich excerpt"

I just did and look:

“One world: everybody fucks everybody. When he thinks of all the fucking there's been in the world and all the fucking there's going to be, and none of it for him, here he sits in this stuffy car dying, his heart just sinks. He'll never fuck anybody again in his lifetime except poor Janice Springer, he sees this possibility ahead of him straight and grim as the known road.”

it's pretty nice.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.