[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Plato.jpg (87 KB, 540x403) Image search: [Google]
Plato.jpg
87 KB, 540x403
Did he?
>>
plato on suicide watch holy shit
>>
>>8169131
Aristotle fixed it immediately after.
>>
They aren't even saying anything, just expressing some vague dissatisfaction proffered by the likes of Dawkins and other nu-atheists
>>
It took a long time to my main man Hegel end it all.
>>
reminds me of this kid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SUWK_pWrbw
>>
>>8169189

What are Slovenes doing on this board?
>>
File: platon-1.jpg (32 KB, 340x402) Image search: [Google]
platon-1.jpg
32 KB, 340x402
>Translated by
>>
>>8169212
>socrates
http://www.magbloom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Artistic-Horse.jpg
white
>>
>>8169131

Yes.

Greek philosophy on the whole is pretty funny, when you realize that all of them (with one exception) wanted to establish themselves as God Emperor of Greece (and probably beyond).
>>
File: normie misunderstands plato.png (134 KB, 1307x334) Image search: [Google]
normie misunderstands plato.png
134 KB, 1307x334
>normies actually believe
>>
I have to admit that I think I know Plato less and less by the day. This is solely because I've never read Plato himself, something I ought to fix soon.

I say this because first time I heard of Plato and the cave and all that I was too young and was reading from an illustrated philosophical manual. I didn't like the teacher who assigned that work either and did not understand anything (but I thought I did!). Then I knew him from Jostein Gaarder and interpretations of The Matrix film. It was much later that I would read about Plato from actual philosophers, and that's when I began unlearning what I thought Plato was on about. I'm very critic of what I know but I suspect he has a good foundation for what he brings to the table, even if it is to disagree with him.

I don't think you can put it in terms of "going wrong" and others trying to fix it. One thing is to say something banal and relatively stupid and vain, to which anyone can refute, another is to say something so profoundly stupid, you ought to be in equal depths in your intelligence to argue the other way around. The later stupidity is by all means worth talking about.
>>
>>8170023
you have zero knowledge of plato.
>>
>>8170023
>This is solely because I've never read Plato

stopped reading there
>>
>>8170039
But that's what I said.
>>
File: topwat.gif (2 MB, 532x295) Image search: [Google]
topwat.gif
2 MB, 532x295
>>8170023
>I've never read Plato
>>
>>8170048
direct quote

>I think I know Plato
>>
Part orator, part dramatist, part sophist, Plato is the greatest. If you say philosophy is "performative", he is the best performer. Who else would be so audacious as to attempt to reconcile Heraclitus & Parmenides? It's absurd!
>>
>>8169171
/thread
>>
>>8169131
In many ways, yes. Fortunately we had Nietzsche to help set things straight. I say this non-ironically.
>>
Well I am a Platonic realist so I think he's totally wrong.
>>
>>8170082
If you say philosophy is performative, Aristophanes the best philosopher.
>>
>>8169189
You misspelled Heidegger there bud.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.