[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was watching this dank maymay Youtube video that one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1458253089118.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458253089118.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
So I was watching this dank maymay Youtube video that one of you made and I was wondering, do you think Stirner's spook is related to Marx's spectre? That is to say, did Stirner or Marx come up with the term after reading the other one?

This was the video btw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6QMmrM4BmI
>>
>>8167731
/lit/ - literature
>>
>>8167733
> Marx
> Stirner
>>
>>8167731
>that pic

Plagiarize DFW much?
>>
>>8167735
Did he say something similar? The quote was probably from Bruce Lee, not D&G since that's the joke.
>>
Can't give you an answer to that, all I know is that Marx and Engels didn't like the dude. In their letters to each other they made some jokes about him and Engels eventually wrote an article against Stirner.
>>
>>8167734
404 literature not found
>>
File: feel the stirn.jpg (185 KB, 555x400) Image search: [Google]
feel the stirn.jpg
185 KB, 555x400
>>8167738
I thought Marx wrote a response to Stirner as well or something? (pic related)
>>
>>8167741
Philosophical literature. We're done here.
>>
>>8167750
Marx wrote a criticism of The Ego and Its Own that is a great deal longer than the Ego and Its Own, as part of the German Ideology, but he took it out right before publishing it. You can still find the critique in many editions these days though.
>>
>>8167731

>>8167750
>>8167781

You can't argue with Stirner, because he is ontologically right. The only thing that exists is the flesh.

But Marx was more of a pragmatic i guess.
>>
>>8167895
> You can't argue with Stirner, because he is ontologically right. The only thing that exists is the flesh.

I don't know, it feels to me that power relations and discourses are just as real in the sense that they affect individuals in ways that are not reducible to biological makeup or unconscious makeup (thus including other environmental factors). Also, as Hume puts it, egotism is sympathism in the sense that people value those around them (loved ones) within their own egotism and not as a societal value "Family"™. Not saying there's necessity in all of this, so Stirner is right in a sense, but what is built upon all of this is not as arbitrary as it seems. What does one put in place, after eliminating all spooks, whether we accept the is-ought dichotomy or not? Union of egotists isn't a simple answer, that's all I'm saying.
>>
>>8168708
*egoists, not egotists
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.