[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I do think this is rather bad..please be kind.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 135x93) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 135x93
Well, I wasnt too sure where to post this, as its my first time, please do try to be kind?

The men are marching to the somme,
Full of life, cheer and song,
The war'll be over by christmas they said,
A lie putting doubt to a soldiers head,
And tragedy is clear to see,
In Gallipoli,
By the sea,
The men still march unwavering,
But with no joy,
They'll no more sing,
The men are marching from the somme,
Half a million lives are gone,
Now they march to passchendaele,
They've been told it just can't fail,
It'll make the enemy go pale,
They'll drop their weapons and turn tail,
Millions of lives are no more,
Because men bled on gallipolis shore,
Because men fell dead in gunfire,
Worse than a dragons ire,
Because of this, you must be sure,

DO NOT FORGET THE FIRST WORLD WAR.
>>
war is bad
it is not rad
don't be mad
if your mum is sad
at the death of your dad
war is bad

- OP
>>
a little repetitive, and the fact that the last line didn't rhyme when it was supposed to was really off-putting

keep writing though
>>
Well I did come up with this just now and im utteroy exhausted, thanks for the criticism, ill work on it.
>>
>>8166336
Trash.

There is nothing you can add to ww1 poetry.
“I shall be one with nature, herb, and stone,”
Shelley would tell me. Shelley would be stunned:
The dullest Tommy hugs that fancy now.
“Pushing up daisies,” is their creed, you know.
>>
>>8166336
A bit repetitive but I like the fact that you referenced actual battles like the Somme and Gallipoli. It sort of falls apart after the "passchendaele" where the rhymes become uninspired and elementary. Also "dragons ire" is fucking gay, but that's just my opinion since there are to many fucking dragons around in fiction these days. Also the last line does not rhyme wtf?
>>
Sowwie am tired. I did think it got a bit bad but I dont really care, im happy that a fair few think the start was alright, so ill keep working on the rest, im surprised ive been told useful nthings, insteadbof the usual 'kys'
>>
File: rCPKuJ3[1].jpg (74 KB, 625x421) Image search: [Google]
rCPKuJ3[1].jpg
74 KB, 625x421
>>8166336
>>
File: YES PLS.png (194 KB, 317x275) Image search: [Google]
YES PLS.png
194 KB, 317x275
Well I must say, my good friend has just annihilated my poem, with something so utterly magnificent you must cry when you gaze upon itI

dig, you dig, we dig, he dig, she dig, they dig
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.