[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to write a story for an anime >stop because even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1464041604673.jpg (81 KB, 524x526) Image search: [Google]
1464041604673.jpg
81 KB, 524x526
>want to write a story for an anime
>stop because even if it's good or better than most animes it still gives me cringe because it's not worthy of being literature
how do I stop this feeling.
>>
>>8164503
don't write anime stories
>>
I have the same feeling when writing scripts, it's almost like I'm engaging is some sinful debauchery. Can't imagine how amplified this feeling would be if I was doing anime.
>>
>>8164507
I'm trying to write a story about a girl who is alone on a island after a shipwreck and desires a friend, then finds a pirate treasure with some female demon who'll she have to gain her trusts.

I'm sure it's better or more serious than most anime, but still feels super cringe.
>>
>>8164503
>anime
>feel man
>Pepe the frogman

kill yourself

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>8164517
>who'll she have to gain her trusts.

wut
>>
>>8164534
by trusts I mean confidence.
>>
Get better interests you weeb faggot
>>
>>8164517
Everything is in the execution.

The detail is what's important, not the overall shape of the thing, funnily enough.

In such a visual medium as "Anime" you also have musical score character designs and animation to consider.

How do you want this thing to feel?

I'm assuming you're either fairly young or just a little green on the prospect of making and finishing a complete script.

Try writing some prototype short stories first and play with the concept, draw up some character designs, set yourself up a Deviantart page or something.
>>
>>8164503
What do you mean 'for an anime', how would you possibly make it an anime?
>>
>>8164710
>>8164705
sorry, I meant write some text with animoo drawings.
>>
>>8164713
Ah, a LN?
>>
>>8164503
I want to do this too, who are you sending it to?
>>
Write it anyway. It's better to write shit then nothing, at least you're getting practice.
>>
>>8164794
4chan.
>>
>>8164517
Sounds like Crusoe but with tits and tentacles.

I like it.
>>
>>8164503
>animes
>>
I'm just worried that because I'm writing a series of YA books that I want to be the American equivalent of light novels, people won't take my better work seriously.
>>
>>8164993
Pseudonyms my dude
>>
>>8164517
That's because its a shitty teen novel.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.