[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I know if do I write very good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1464223501964.png (12 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1464223501964.png
12 KB, 645x773
how do I know if do I write very good?
>>
you win the praise of harold bloom
>>
Let people who are honest and read a lot read your stuff and give you an opinion! It's really good to get involved with a creative writing group or class where you share stuff. Writing is very subjective though, and people will give you all sorts of different advice. Like anything, you just gotta practice!
>>
>>8163659
Based on that sentence, you don't.
>>
always laughed at people that came on here lamenting about how far /lit/ has gone down hill but holy lord

what has happened
>>
>>8163672
I'm a taco.
>>
>>8163679
i feel like this board could be a lot better if people took the time to make meaningful posts

seriously, 90% of /lit/ is a bunch of pretty smart people who don't care enough to really try and contribute, either because they think they're too stupid or too smart
>>
Is reddit a good place for feedback? Every time I post here I just get told I'm shit and kill myself, and half the time I don't think the posters even read what I posted.
>>
>>8163659
Your grammar is a bit messed up, my friend.
There are some ways to determine the quality of your writing. It's much easier to answers the question "is my writing shit?" than "is my writing good?", of course, but there are solutions even for the latter.

Look at the texts you wrote three or four years ago. Does it feel that you are progressing? Does progression halt somewhere? If it does, that would be a good point to inquire further. If not, you are probably still shit, because good writing is usuallyachieved when you are settled.

Submit your work to lit journals - usually, their quality control is relatively high, because they really don't want to miss the next big guy on the scene? but are sent a lot of trash.

Post your work publically under your name - Facebook will do. If people avoid conversations about it IRL, it's shit. I presume your friends are literate enough, of course.

Really, it's quite easy to tell.
>>
If you read a lot, you should be able to evaluate your own work to a degree.
>>
>>8163780
>what website will tell me I'm good even though I'm not

you're shit. kill yourself
>>
>>8163659
If you read even an intermdiate amount of literature you should be able to tell

I can write with good themes, but have very average prose
>>
My parents tell me I'm a good writer!
>>
File: anon119.png (705 KB, 450x1000) Image search: [Google]
anon119.png
705 KB, 450x1000
>>8163852
that's not what he said

what he wants is constructive criticism

if he kills himself he wont become a good writer
>>
>>8163894
maybe he should accept that he actually is getting criticism
>>
>>8163907
youre missing the word "constructive"

criticism is pointless if its not constructive
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.