[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it seem like no one mentions Lovecraft's works?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: Azathoth.jpg (91 KB, 407x550) Image search: [Google]
Azathoth.jpg
91 KB, 407x550
Why does it seem like no one mentions Lovecraft's works?
>>
>>8161220

What? I hear nerds praise the shit of Lovecraft all the time.
>>
Is this bait? Because I'm pretty sure we're both on the internet right now.
>>
>>8161223
Warhammer players aren't people
>>
>>8161224
Yes and no, it is a legit question though. I have never seen mention of Lovecraft outside of certain communities and it confuses me. They're well written stories that are honestly more enjoyable than Poe's works. He just doesn't seem to get the credit he really deserves
>>
File: 1419180001997.gif (958 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
1419180001997.gif
958 KB, 500x650
>>8161237
Unless you live in fucking cambodia yes, he gets mentioned all the time. He is always one of the biggest names in horror unless you buy your books at a grocery store. He's the favorite writer of half of reddit, there are videogame adaptations based on his work, South Park wrote several episodes about his stuff. Shit, my manager at a fast food restaurant in the middle of nowhere saw me reading on my break and mentioned that Lovecraft was pretty much the only author he read.
I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about, unless you're in high school and shocked that your peers don't know any authors at all.
>>
>>8161284
You're an idiot, enjoy the rest of your shitty life.
>>
>>8161220
People usually talk about Lovecraft here, OP. If you want to talk about Lovecraft, nothing stops one from creating a thread about him (as you have done so). I don't know what the issue is.
>>
>>8161237
Lovecraft is referenced all the time not only on the internet but in video games, movies and pretty much every form of entertainment. This being said he's extremely overrated.
>>
>>8161220
have a little toot toot for your ole buddy ty
>>
>>8161220
Because Lovecraft is only notable for his hatred of niggers.
>>
I can't stand Lovecraft. I read about 10 of his short stories and they were so boring and tedious to get through I couldn't finish the compilation I bought. r/books meme'd me good.
>>
File: 1401875812909.jpg (81 KB, 771x681) Image search: [Google]
1401875812909.jpg
81 KB, 771x681
>>8161652
Probably read the less exciting ones
>>
>>8161220
I did my appraisal for him in secondary school. An excellent horror author for his time which brought his wealth of astronomy into horror, creating cosmicism itself. I have discrepancies with his ability to formulate scenes though, personally.

Anyway, as mentioned here, >>8161284 but in a less dickish way:
Video game adaptions are prominent, South Park wrote several episodes inspired by his work, even the latest prominent cartoon Rick & Morty is a cosmic comedy horror which pays homage to Lovecraft through the depiction of Cthulhu near the end of the opening theme.
>>
>>8161220
I'm going to assume that you're fucking retarded because there's a Tamagotchi-based game where you raise a baby Cthulu into adulthood on Google Playstore.

Lovecraft is so popular to the point of mainstream over-endorsement.
>>
>>8161220
He's in the unfortunate position of suffering from the sci-fi/fantasy stigma while still being too esoteric and non-genreconforming to appeal broadly to nerds. Lovecraftian horror is a niche within a niche.
>>
File: Azathoth.jpg (546 KB, 1024x1468) Image search: [Google]
Azathoth.jpg
546 KB, 1024x1468
IAE! IAE! AZATHOTH!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.