[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STOP BUYING THINGS MAAAAN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Fiction-QA-Don-DeLillo-859.jpg (143 KB, 859x1200) Image search: [Google]
Fiction-QA-Don-DeLillo-859.jpg
143 KB, 859x1200
STOP BUYING THINGS MAAAAN
>>
Just read Libra, it was gud
>>
>>8160346

Yeah, I just finished that and I agree. Better than his more acclaimed works that I've read.
>>
File: Capture.png (69 KB, 851x468) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
69 KB, 851x468
>>8160346
>gud
Stop shilling this piece of shit, his writing is nothing but le quirky deadpan non-sequiturs. He's to blame for alt-lit lowercase twittershit like Mira and Jackie Chan
>>
>>8160801
> praises Libra
> HEY MAN LOOK AT THIS WHITE NOISE PROSE

retard
>>
Well, he's not wrong.
We just don't care.
>>
>>8160936
Except he never says anything like that.
>>
HAIL TO THE KING BABY
>>
>>8160930
Literally every single thing Dong LeDildo has written is exactly the same.
>>
>>8160321
That's not the point of his work at all.
>>
>>8161878
DUDE THERE'S TOO MANY BRANDS OF THINGS

I MEAN
COME
ON omg
>>
>>8161913
doesn't zizek have a seminar or something on this?
the too many brands of things is kind of bad and distracting.
>>
>>8161923
I don't know, it sounds stupid enough to be him.
>>
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE ONE DAY MAAAAN
>>
>>8161964
This exact thing actually annoyed me with White Noise, it seemed somehow very shallow.
Although it was funny in some senses, the book was just alright.

On another note, i was astonished to find out how hard Franzen rips Delillo off
>>
>>8160321
Why do you insist on banalizing his ideas instead of engaging with them? Your irony is childish and dishonest. You sicken me. Goodbye.
>>
>>8161974
The thing I found most awful and banal about Palahniuk's books were the ideas and tones he lifted directly from Delillo.
>>
>>8160801

>Writing in the 1st Person
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.