[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does stream of consciousness mean you just don't use quotation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: SoC.jpg (10 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
SoC.jpg
10 KB, 186x271
Does stream of consciousness mean you just don't use quotation marks?
>>
>>8156863
No, it means that you write the whole book with all semicolons and one period; with semicolons you can expand your sentences; given that the thoughts are related, you can use the semicolons to chain indefinitely; I have just demonstrated the semicolon method.
>>
File: 1461607963306.jpg (147 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461607963306.jpg
147 KB, 500x500
>>8156863
It means you write one-handed, if you catch my drift
>>
>>8156877
because ur other hand is holdin ur benis
>>
>>8156877
You should hang youself, if you catch your drift
>>
>>8156863
It's just a fancy way of saying that the writing attempts to mimic or show the thought process of a character/characters in a way that takes the reader (or tries to, at the very least) into the character's mind instead of just talking about them.
>>
>>8156894
Better skedadle, if you sniff my drift.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.