[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am I fucking up my time by reading a translated edition of infinite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: cuoredeamicis.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
cuoredeamicis.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
am I fucking up my time by reading a translated edition of infinite jest?
>>
>>8155999
Where did you find that edition? I really want it now.
>>
>>8155999
>>8156005

That's not Infinite Jest

a thread dies everytime you make a retarded thread.
>>
>>8156005
pic is unrelated
it's just a recent edition of a classic italian novel
probabbly came out when evangelion was on tv kek
>>
Secondo me si, e te lo dico dopo aver fatto un confronto tra l'originale (letto integralmente) e la traduzione (leggiucchiata poi).
>>
>>8156015
I'm talking about that edition of Cuore, I couldn't give a lesser shit about Infinite Meme.

>>8156017
Guess I'll go scour the local ibs to try and find it.
>>
>>8156023
This honestly, Infinite Jest relies a lot on quirks of the English language, I can't even imagine how it would work translated.
>>
>>8156029
You could argue that for every book - I'm not one of those
>reading translations
guys but really, the limit of our ability to think is our language/vocabulary, and not two languages overlap perfectly as maps when trying to describe the territory of reality
>>
>>8156056
That's true but some books require reading in the original language more than others.
>>
>>8156064
Yeah, get what you're saying. I mean, it's the difference between a scribbler and writer: one thinks in terms of stories and how to put them on paper with the blunt instrument if language,one thinks in terms of language and how to let it express itself through the story.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.