[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literary tattoos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: Redwall tattoo 2016.jpg (35 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Redwall tattoo 2016.jpg
35 KB, 540x960
There hasn't been one of these threads for awhile. What does /lit/ think of tattoos, particularly literary tattoos? I have pic related. I also have a Black Sabbath tattoo on my other arm but that's irrelevant. What do you think? Am I the king of comfy or what?
>>
>>8154225
Oh, and I forgot to say: show yours off if you have any!
>>
Trashy.

Devalues the human, I'd much rather appreciate someone who loves a series which is respectable (redwall included) to have a room with some well framed collectible posters, or collectors editions of the series, 1st prints etc etc.

In my experience it's usually trashy people who have visible tattoos especially, having such a low opinion of themselves they put a passing fad of theirs or a relative on their shriveling body.

/lit/ tattoos aren't any better then /v/idya tattoos.
>>
>>8154225
At first I thought it was that one mouse knight from one of the Narnia novels, then it would have at least demonstrated some semblance of taste.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
i got this one pretty recently. what does /lit/ think?
>>
>>8154240
ayy bb u want sum fuk
>>
>>8154240

It looks like its 2 years old and not yours

https://bibliosmiles.com/2014/11/21/litographs-the-worlds-longest-tattoo-chain/
>>
>>8154240

>Getting Joyce tattooed on you
>Not getting at least one of his entire love letters on your back

"Goodnight, my little farting Nora, my dirty little fuckbird! There is one lovely word, darling, you have underlined to make me pull myself off better. Write me more about that and yourself, sweetly, dirtier, dirtier.”
>>
>>8154240

Tattoos are degenerate, ya roastie.
>>
File: Crashing this plane.gif (2 MB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
Crashing this plane.gif
2 MB, 400x332
>>8154250

“My sweet little whorish Nora I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also."
>>
>>8154240
10/10 would date
>>
Why is there value placed on having "art", or anything, on your skin as opposed to framed and hung onto your wall? Can someone explain this to me, I seem to be unable to understand what value it adds to have a, often mediocre, tattoo on your skin.
>>
>>8154281

Inwardly boring people who want to make themselves outwardly interesting. That's all it is.
>>
>>8154237
implying redwall books aren't cosy as hell
>>
I have lots of tattoos. Their primary function seems to be an excuse for other people to ask you to take your clothes off so they can see them. Then you have sex.
It's a very easy excuse that avoids a lot of the awkwardness of getting both of you naked.
>>
>>8154287
But say, you encounter someone who is interesting inwardly also? I agree with your generalization (this thought seems to fit most people with tattoos), but not always. I'm trying to figure out those people who are actually 'interesting', or worthy of having a conversation with, but still get tattoos.
>>
Come to think of it, >>8154307 explains why most Anons hate or can't see the point of tattoos.
>>
tattoos are for criminals, sailors and savages
>>
>>8154281
because art is beautiful because it serves a function. That function is to inspire feelings. Remorse, loss, gratitude. Those feelings are powerful and rare, so through art we're able to explore them more fully and in a controlled way, which allows us to learn more about ourselves.

Tattoos don't really fit this theme for the same reason that we don't look forward to seeing the same painting every day. Eventually the painting will simply be there, and cease to inspire emotion (function). It's a permanent reminder of a temporary emotion. Eventually, that emotion will fade and you'll still have a tattoo. Imagine buying a house, and on the front of this house you decide to paint a mural. Your friends might think its cool, but your parents will try and convince you otherwise. Your friends have never experienced the regret because they are far too young. While your parents have seen others with regret, and understand the fickle nature of passion. And if you decide to move or rent, you'll find that it's much harder to convince others your mural is a good thing because the paint and your reasons for painting it have faded.
>>
>>8154327
>And if you decide to move or rent
Are you planning on selling or renting your body?
>>
>>8154240
>the first yes is bigger than the last
>no full stop at the end

8/10 still
>>
>>8154327
>because art is beautiful because it serves a function. That function is to inspire feelings. Remorse, loss, gratitude. Those feelings are powerful and rare, so through art we're able to explore them more fully and in a controlled way, which allows us to learn more about ourselves.
SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKY
>>
So it goes faggots
>>
>>8154327

You are wrong, mainly because your vision of the objectives of art is limited.

Who said art is only a tool to incite emotions? It could be a tool to force action, to invite introspection by itself, or to simply remind you of something.

Everything can incite emotions, art is supposed to do a lot more than just that. Good art usually brings great emotions, so I get why you thought that way.
>>
>>8154307
>>8154323

It really doesn't, and you're the sperg if you fucking brand yourself to have a contrived excuse for alleviating your autism triggers.
>>
>>8154461
If you say so. It's not as though this board constantly reeks of sexual frustration or anything.

I didn't say anything about spergs, that's all on you, brother.
>>
>>8154327
i.e. remorse
Even if you don't consider it remorse, it's an emotion of some kind, not the lack thereof
>>
>>8154324
I'm a savage detective
>>
Why are you people so triggered by tattoos?
>>
File: HOds1BV9_400x400.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
HOds1BV9_400x400.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
What tattoos say about a person:
>Look at me.
>I'm a special snowflake.
>Do you love me now, dad?
>I don't even realise how much of a slave to Ideology I am.
>>
>>8154237
Tbh, if some fecker showed me a Reepicheep tattoo I'd piss myself laughing then offer them a Pimms or something.
>>
File: Scythian Mummy.jpg (127 KB, 725x755) Image search: [Google]
Scythian Mummy.jpg
127 KB, 725x755
>>8154615
>Why don't you love me dad?
>I only Scalped all those Dardanians so you'd be proud
>Baw

Except not really.
>>
>>8154225
none of the mouse warriors from Redwall used a shield except for Martin the Warrior and Matthias but they also had a full set of armor when they did.

>>8154240
i don't like tattoo quotes. something about words being tatooed onto someone feels shallow and gross to me.
>>
>>8154250
>>8154256
Yeah, we've all read the letters fucking newfag. Did you discover them yesterday?
>>
File: tcol49.jpg (69 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
tcol49.jpg
69 KB, 720x960
>>8154225
>>
I plan to get a tattoo to commemorate my graduation from college. I designed it myself, it relates directly to the degree I'm getting and the direction I want to take my life, and it will be on my back, so only visible if I want it to be.

Am I trash as well, or is all the tattoo hate on this board directed to the ones who get meaningless memes on themselves for attention?
>>
>>8156869
w2c shoes
>>
>>8154615
I don't have tattoos but that's a pretty juvenile way of thinking.
>>
>>8156869

disgusting.
>>
>>8156958
Sadly, it has been my experience with tattood people. Only one exception.
>>
>>8154225
>There hasn't been one of these threads for awhile.
There is a good reason for that
>>
>>8154225
Let's see the Sabbath tattoo
>>
File: 1451599609020.jpg (29 KB, 528x543) Image search: [Google]
1451599609020.jpg
29 KB, 528x543
>>8154244
>>
I saw a guy at school today with a labyrinth tattoo that was actually pretty intricate and cool, reminded me a lot of Borges.
If I designed one that suited my tastes i would get a labyrinth tattoo and let qt's try to solve it recite The Circular Ruins from memory in its original Spanish
>>
>>8160157
>while I recite
dammit
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.