[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>schizo >coming up with ideas for writing is easy af >accumulating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: american newsman.jpg (6 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
american newsman.jpg
6 KB, 303x166
>schizo
>coming up with ideas for writing is easy af
>accumulating the willpower to write more than a few pages is impossible

how do you force yourself to work?
>>
Think of how you can enable yourself to work. Can you write in a strict linear fashion? Get on a document sharing service and work on your magnum opus.

Do you need to work on a scene and edit it in? Get a note sharing app like lesser pad to export the text files to your computer.

Do you need to see a fancy map in front of you? I've been successful with mindedly.
>>
>>8147736
Pretty much the only way I've ever gotten any significant portion of novel writing done was by going out to a library or cafe and sitting around there for several hours with a pen and notebook in front of me until at least a few pages got filled. Isolating yourself from the internet or any internet-capable devices helps a lot.
>>
>>8147751
>mindedly
what's mindedly? a google search only gave me definitions of absent- and open-mindedly
>>
>>8147761
that shit don't work for me cause I get paranoid in public places and it clouds all of my thoughts.
>>
>>8147736
I'm a schizo as well but part of the motivation for writing is getting newer ideas based on the ideas I have.
>>
Learn how to dive in, don't get caught up in what to do or how to do it, you automatically do that as you write
>>
File: 1344101177983.jpg (121 KB, 665x632) Image search: [Google]
1344101177983.jpg
121 KB, 665x632
>he's an 'idea guy'
>>
>>8149141
Part of psychosis is seeing connections that other people won't normally see.
>>
>>8149156
Everyone has great ideas. Acting on them is what separates the wheat from the chaff.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.