[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i have $25 to this place, what should i get?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: BarnesNoble_logo.jpg (49 KB, 480x156) Image search: [Google]
BarnesNoble_logo.jpg
49 KB, 480x156
i have $25 to this place, what should i get?
>>
>>8146528
A supposedly fun thing I'll never do again
Or the Tale of Genji
>>
whatever you fucking want. what kind of question is this. I would recommend avoiding the cheap B&N paperback versions of the classics. Those fuckers immediately fall apart when u leaf through the pages
>>
>>8146544
i want too many things tho. i was hoping you guys would tell me stuff and eventually someone would suggest something that sounded right and it would be my sign from the universe.

do they sell used books?
>>
The Once and Future King is quite the comfy read
>>
>>8146528
I'd recommend saving the money and using it for online muchmuchmuch cheaper purchases. Don't spend it on anything public domain, imho.
>>
>>8146837
the money is in the form of a gift card, usually i buy all my books secondhand but was gifted this
>>
>>8146528
Why would you boycott Barnes and Noble?
>>
>>8146922
idk i found this on google images and thought it was funny. i've never shopped there so i don't need to boycott it, but i've always found it to be pretty gross
>>
>>8146929
Let me guess it has something to do with that group of bored housewives
>One Million Moms

Currently they're all pissing their tampex pearls or whatever over private businesses allowing trans people to piss where they want. Businesses should be able to institute whatever customer policies they want, I'm tried of the left and the right trying to push their own agenda on private business.
>>
>>8146886
>the money is in the form of a gift card, usually i buy all my books secondhand but was gifted this
>usually i buy all my books secondhand but was gifted this
>secondhand but was gifted this
>was gifted this
>gifted

jfc

memes aside, just buy the first thing on your reading list that you don't own.

Failing that, buy some minecraft toys or something.
>>
>>8146528
Do yourself a favor and pick up and read this gem... it changed my life.
>>
>>8146972
looks like trash even by sjw standards. this is like one of those books in a dv safehouse that's been sitting on the bookshelf since the 80s
>>
>>8146976
It was required reading material in a college philosophy course, I recommend it, even for those who would disagree with the message.
>>
>>8146837

>online
>not used book stores

educate yourself senpai
>>
File: 5297765_1_l.jpg (91 KB, 450x675) Image search: [Google]
5297765_1_l.jpg
91 KB, 450x675
>>8147106

The Devils Guard - Talbot Mundy
>>
>>8147891

meant for OP
>>
>>8146528
That very subjective book that you personally feel will lead to intellectual or literary development.
>>
File: 515VQyDVYlL._SL1500_.jpg (51 KB, 325x500) Image search: [Google]
515VQyDVYlL._SL1500_.jpg
51 KB, 325x500
>>
>>8146935
I don't know or care about any of that, but some legitimate reasons for boycotting them would be that they put smaller bookstores out of business and half the things they sell aren't even books. Also their website is complete shit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.