[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of John Green's analysis of this book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: john-reading-catcher.png (364 KB, 585x423) Image search: [Google]
john-reading-catcher.png
364 KB, 585x423
What do you think of John Green's analysis of this book?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R66eQLLOins
>>
>>8144533
Hey I said a Spook!
Spook!
Spookity Spook!
Hey lookie here it's a,
Spook! Spook!
Spookity Spook!
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 560x631) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 560x631
>>8144557
You're spooked.
>>
>>8144533
>Not even a minute in
>Already talking about islam
Holy fucking shit
>>
let me guess, Holden is white, entitled, and doesn't know what struggle is
>>
wasn't bad I actually don't hate him now that I watched that. thanks
>>
>>8144796
Are you that easily impressionable? Sad.
>>
>>8144798
triggered
>>
>>8144804
ASMR, SJW, or NRA?
>>
File: 1443148855867.jpg (230 KB, 1216x1878) Image search: [Google]
1443148855867.jpg
230 KB, 1216x1878
>>
>>8144796
It really wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. He seems almost likable. Not what I expected from the guy who said this:

>"Also, I would like to see equal attention given to the sexism in popular work by men, from Nicholas Sparks to for instance J. D. Salinger. Catcher in the Rye—although I like it very much—is profoundly and disturbingly misogynistic and yet seems to get a critical pass both online and off. This happens a lot, I think, with books by men, and I don't want male writers (including me!) to get that pass."
>>
>>8144866
Huh makes you think
>>
>>8144882
he just sells shit like that to sell more books to his target market. women...
>>
>>8144902

not really. tens of millions of people finding comfort in a story about wish fulfillment horse shit is objectively not a good thing. what green is basically saying here is that books like twilight are above reproach because millions of people like them and that pleasure garnished from that book outweighs the importance of the criticism of twilight. and then he calls us misogynists for criticizing that book. which is fucking absurd. i don't really care that people enjoy a book but there is nothing misogynist to say that adults should not be reading wish fulfillment fantasy novels written for 13 year old girls.

also i shouldn't have to say this but this is coming from a writer who shovels purple prose to teenagers to make his millions.

fucking hell there is nothing more insidious than this bullshit line of "well can't just people like this book?" how much more anti-intellectual can you get than by essentially calling criticism of a novel party-pooping?

fuck him and fuck his faggot brother.
>>
>>8144533

I have cancer now. Thanks, /lit/
>>
>>8144533
>What do you think of John Green's analysis of this book?.

I think he analyses it similarly to a 15 year old sat before an exam, thinking of things he can read into the piece so as to sound intelligent.

His analysis isn't expressly terrible, I'd say, rather very mediocre, but he plays well to his audience I'd imagine.
>>
>>8144866

He's just covering his own ass from tweet two and forward, the insincere sociopathic fuck.

Replace Twilight with his own shitty 'unironic' love stories. All he's doing is passive-aggressively trying to call out his critics. Instead of doing that outright, he cynically uses Twilight as a stand-in, making him not only score brownie points with the faggot brigade, but also smokescreening the fact that he's just whining about criticism his own work has been subjected too.

He's a slimy fuck all right.
>>
>>8145266
You're slimey #kangaroojesus
>>
>>8144533
Completely misses the point.
Doesn't even mention that he rapes his sister, Phoebe.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.