[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /lit/ Have any of you read any good books on the history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: 633559-1680x1050.jpg (285 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
633559-1680x1050.jpg
285 KB, 1680x1050
Hello, /lit/

Have any of you read any good books on the history of the Soviet Union, and subsequently on the history of Russia?
Any recommendations you could make? Ideally it'd be written originally in Russian, so that I may read it in its original language
thanks
>>
bump пoжaлyйcтa
>>
>>8144369
trotsky. 1905, history of the russian revolution, the revolution betrayed, permanent revolution, literature and revolution(get the theme)

soliders in the proletarian dictatorship von hagen

bukharin and the bolshevik revolution. s cohen

womens liberation movement in russia. stites

10 days that shook the world john reed

Defining Russian Graphic Arts: From Diaghilev to Stalin
>>
>>8145026
Thanks
Would you happen to know of anything written after the collapse that considers the entire time period of the union's existence?
>>
File: 1464414687956.png (330 KB, 400x301) Image search: [Google]
1464414687956.png
330 KB, 400x301
>>8145026
>>8145085

Tip number one, choose your authors dividing them into liberals or conservatives.
Tip number two, be wary of authors who have never lived inside USSR and Russia (esp. USA, Britain).
Last tip, follow your research starting from economics, see and smell to where the money went, and to whom.

You're gonna spend a lot of nights and recycle not one book to understand that you got any insight on this
>>
File: download (1).jpg (17 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
17 KB, 183x276
Has anyone read this?
Is it just the usual muh Putler or is there more to it?
>>
>>8145118
Yeah I've kind of been doing that already
So I take it there is no book that provides a general overview?
>>
>>8145131
>Gorbachev's freedom

Gorbachev sold most o USSR to USA, destroyed it's military potential, and lost his presidential respect. Elcin continued the mess that Gorbachev started and it all ended when Putin came to power, looked at Russia and said '........Well, time to rebuild everything'
>>
>>8145141
I were looking for such books myself, sadly I didn't find anything legit
>>
>>8144369
For the record, the Russian tricolor existed before the soviet flag
>>
>>8145149
Yeah that tagline is ridiculous
>>
>>8145151
shame
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 900x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 900x499
any good books about the Chechnya wars or the Caucasus in general?
>>
>>8145344
Politkovskaya has a couple books about her time reporting form that region during the war iirc
>>
kurwa
>>
Revolutionary Russia by Orlando Figes is pretty good if you want a quick analysis of the Soviet Unions beginning and end as a revolution in itself.
>>
>>8144369
This book (and its series) receives raves from academics, and is written by an Anglo.

I am enjoying this one right now.
>>
>>8147373
This is a definitive book on the State Secrets of the KGB, smuggled out by a file clerk to the west.
>>
File: machine_web_01_2000.jpg (231 KB, 1600x1214) Image search: [Google]
machine_web_01_2000.jpg
231 KB, 1600x1214
just finished my history A2 exam on Russia 1855 to 1964.

woke up at 5 and did all my revision in the 3 hours leading up to the exam, including on the bus
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.