[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should i try with sailing if i am socially anxious autist? Would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: moby dick.jpg (1 MB, 1530x2301) Image search: [Google]
moby dick.jpg
1 MB, 1530x2301
Should i try with sailing if i am socially anxious autist? Would men there crush me under their masculinity?
>>
>>8140907
just remember to squeeze the sperm, anon.
>>
>>8140907
That would be a very prententious thing to do, wouldn't it?
>>
>>8140907
Sailing is mostly done by rich people that can afford yachts nowadays. If you're rich you will fit in.
>>
>>8140907
Cut out your tongue so you can't speak, head to the nearest seaside town and find work on a trawler. Your autism wouldn't get in the way because you'd be a mute worker, just do as you're told and you'll be fine.
>>
>>8140907
Lord Jim is basically a full-fledged autist, I think you could do it.
>>
>>8140907
It's a social thing to get into largely because sailing is something learned from doing over reading about. You'll have to talk with someone to get into it, unless you have money and don't care about making an ass of yourself.

Me, I'd like to have a boat when I'm old, but as I am I'll just settle for a kayak for now.
>>
>>8140907
Do you mean sailing as in sailing a sailboat or sailing as in becoming a merchant mariner?
Merchant marine in the US is largely foreigners, so you most likely wouldn't understand most of them even if you did speak. If you have no experience standing watches or working engines your best bet might be learning to peel potatoes and wash dishes cause you'll probably be kitchen help.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.