[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coming of age stuff that doesn't suck? Read this recently,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Norwegian-Wood-DVD-F.jpg (558 KB, 1194x1686) Image search: [Google]
Norwegian-Wood-DVD-F.jpg
558 KB, 1194x1686
Coming of age stuff that doesn't suck? Read this recently, and although it was somewhat relate-able as a 20-something-year-old, Murakami seemed scattered brained and unable to make any significant points.
>>
Why does there have to be a "point"? It's a beautiful novel about tenderness, unhappiness and regret.
>>
>scattered brained
>>
>reading hacks
>>
>>8140079
the virgin suicides
>>
>>
>>8140205
> not confessions
>>
File: Tender Bar.jpg (37 KB, 325x500) Image search: [Google]
Tender Bar.jpg
37 KB, 325x500
this, if you don't mind a memoir. i usually don't like them but this was one of my favorite books growing up. i read it again when i was in college and it was still good.
>>
>>8140079
>unable to make any significant points.

Making points is not the point of literature. I mean you can, but it's not the purpose of literature as a whole.
>>
knausgaard

:-)
>>
>>8140079
Soseki - Sanshiro
>>
Persepolis
>>
>>8140079
>Murakami seemed scattered brained and unable to make any significant points
literally all of his work is like that. you shouldn't read his work the same as most novels.
Reading Murakami is like going out drinking with a friend for a night.
Did you learn anything? No.
Did it change the way you think? No.
Was it challenging in any way? No.
But you're glad that you did it and it feels significant in some immeasurable way.
>>
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
>>
Portrait of an artist as a young man
>>
>>8140079
oedipus
>>
Does The Catcher count? if it does, then that.
>>
A Portrait of The Artist as a Young Man
This Side of Paradise
Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Me
On The Road
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.