[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think he's a recluse because he's ugly af?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 23-thomas-pynchon.w190.h190.2x.jpg (11 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
23-thomas-pynchon.w190.h190.2x.jpg
11 KB, 380x380
Do you think he's a recluse because he's ugly af?
>>
>>8139596
it's probably because he has no talent
>>
>>8139596
> recluse

Except he was literally partying with 20 year olds on Manhattan Beach while writing Gravity's Rainbow.
>>
He's not a recluse
>>
define "recluse"

not doing interviews or shitposting on social media? why would a patrician do such a thing?

a lion doesn't concern itself with sheep

*tip*
>>
I don't see much fun in being in the literary sort of public eye.

The only writer I can think of to use his celebrity, in the modern sense, to get top notch über celeb pussy was Arthur Miller. He got cucked a million times and then got a divorce.

If you're Pynchon, you still get your megabux off book sales (thus making the "fame" aphrodisiac unimportant) so it's no problem acquiring the semen demons. Plus he probably does tons of drugs so he would probably get a bunch of normies telling him to go to rehab or have to deal with jeopardizing his audience's respect for him when he gets intoxicated in public.

Plus lit circles are super gay other than stimulating conversation or group editing. He can just communicate them in writing.

I can think of countless advantages and I think it's brilliant t b q h.
>>
>>8139623
>implying his books aren't just shitposting
>>
>>8139629
You haven't read any of his books.
>>
>>8139633
I have, unfortunately.
>>
>>8139633
I got memed hard reading Vineland.
>>
>>8139596
he fucked all his friends gfs

and he has a wife now

also he isnt a recluse
>>
>>8139704
That's his worst. Sometimes /lit/ makes jokes that an author's worst book is his best or most patrician, and idiot hipsters unable to discern what irony is actually believe that shit and propagate it.
>>
>>8140091
Nobody here says that Vineland is Pynchon's best, except for me maybe, because in a purely subjective sense it's sincerely my favourite. If anything, it's massively undersold because it's been saddled with the label of "the weakest" of his oeuvre, which people misinterpret as "bad". Anyways, Bleeding Edge was worse and Inherent Vice was far beyond worse.

But >>8139704 shouldn't be complaining, Vineland is a fucking breeze to read, without a doubt Pynch-o's third easiest novel after the two short guys TCoL49 and IV
>>
Yes, I've always thought this.
>>
He can't bear the responsibilities of being a meme.
>>
Pynchon would be a good looking lad without those tusks
>>
>>8139633
The Crying of Lot 49 had a lot of shitpost-y elements.
>>
>>8139624

well this is just wrong

hella writers have scooped qts

like fucking salmon rushdie got priviiairyyay rai
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.