[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
halp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1460409732824.gif (2 MB, 160x163) Image search: [Google]
1460409732824.gif
2 MB, 160x163
Help
How do I escape the stupidity of adolescence? I realize how stupid I am, but I just can't stop making idiotic decisions and keep acting like a cringy anime character.
And sorry for any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language and I'm still learning it.
>>
>>8138544
start with the greeks.
>>
OP Here.
I forgot to ask, but could you recommend me any good books that may help me with this?
>>
>>8138544
>>8138550

You won't change your entire personality by reading a single book. You do it through experience and introspection.
>>
>>8138544
Get a job and work. Move out and live on your own, paying for all your own shit like insurance, bills, groceries, and so on. Only then you will realize how much time it takes just to survive and live a decent life.
>>
>>8138636

You will gain wisdom and insight over time. You have a whole life of mistakes to make, but you will learn from them.

Read Siddhartha and Meditations but don't take them too seriously. Mainly, read what you like and accept who you were

life gets harder, be kind to others

spend every day of summer outside
>>
>>8138708
I know, I know. Everyone have told me that.
But I think that I don't have to live the mistakes myself. I have dodged many bad decisions fro learning of other people.
So, I may learn from you.
>>
>>8138544
Do it while you can anon, I wish I committed to acting like a cringy anime character when I was your age (14) it's much harder to be vegeta when you have bills.
>>
>>8138781
Nah mate, I'm kirishiki katanaya, leader of the terrorist group known as "Eternal Death".
>>
>>8138572

This.

OP I was exactly the same way in my late teens, early 20s. I'm 30 now and feel more awake than I've ever been. Those earlier years feel almost like I was in a fog, and that was before I discovered cannabis.

From what I can tell introspection and facing the pain of reality is what brings depth.

When I say the pain of reality I'm not talking about melodramatic r9k pain, I'm talking about absolutely banal existence day in and day out. When I say introspection I don't mean brooding, you must take stock of your own intellectual and emotional inventory non-judgmentally and admit your own averageness without bitterness.

Once you do that you can finally give up the quest to be a special snowflake and get on with the business of just being yourself as paradoxical as that sounds.

Reading books certainly helps but, like food, you have to read the right books. [insert Schopenhauer pasta]
What grabs you at your heart and makes you feel alive is what you should read and do. My particular passion is mythology, that may not be yours. Regardless, don't just live, be on fire.
>>
books probably won't help. just do like the rest of the current and former teenagers and put yourself in social situations. accept the embarassing moments as part of the learning process. it's not like there's some biological switch that makes people stop being stupid; maturity is learned.
>>
>>8139287
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.