[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Her cunt became the world what did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: george-rr-martin.jpg (580 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
george-rr-martin.jpg
580 KB, 2048x1536
>Her cunt became the world
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>8136056
That everything in GoT is an allegory for a vagina
>>
>>8136056

It was his way of showing what a poor writer he is.
>>
That might be a Gass quote haha
>>
everything that mattered at that point was her cunt

also I like it how Joyce has similar quotes and yet he's patrician
>>
>>8136183
Martin is trying to make coherent stories.
Joyce stopped caring.
>>
File: gass6.jpg (30 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
gass6.jpg
30 KB, 325x325
>>8136128
>haha
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
Am I the only one who thinks he's actually a really great writer? I don't really know why, but I just love the way he describes things and gets into his characters' heads. I think people just hate his writing because it's simple, and it is simple but it also has a lot of complexities hidden in it as well. Also, it's just very comfy and everything has a nice rhythm to it. I much prefer his writing to Tolkein's, which just sounds kind of old and weird. GRRM doesn't sound too old, but it's different enough that it's like you're reading something from a fantasy world.

Sorry if I sound like a pleb. Maybe I'm totally wrong about everything, but I know it is a fact that I like his books, and I'm not going to "see the light" from cherrypicking and shitposts.
>>
>>8136216
You are not the only one anon.
There are millions upon millions of stupid plebs sharing the same opinion as you.
>>
>>8136216
omg same

tolkiens writing is like totally old and creepy i mean its 2016 come on
>>
>>8136216
How old are you?
>>
>>8136216
I agree. /lit/tards however are too retarded to understand this.
>>
File: Oul Tommy.png (904 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Oul Tommy.png
904 KB, 800x800
>>8136216

KYS
Y
S
>>
must be some weird gnostic theology
>>
ASOIAF emoji version when?
>>
Try sex, you'll see.
>>
>the world is the Earth
>the Earth has a core of molten fire
>70% of the earth surface is water
>her cunt literally became wet around a hot core

blue curtain tier lit analysis
>>
>>8136212
o im sorry
>kek
>>
>>8136232

22, but why should this matter? If you're going to insult me for being young, you should know 90% of this site is around my age, so it's not like all of the enlightened patricians on /lit/ are superior because of their age.
>>
>>8136216
If grrm fanboys actually awnsered the question that would be great
>>
>>8137086
>expecting people on a literature board to know physisc
ahahhaa
>>
>>8139495
Expecting people on a lit board to spell physics.
>>
File: 1448949064995.jpg (86 KB, 400x919) Image search: [Google]
1448949064995.jpg
86 KB, 400x919
>>8139495
>expecting undergraduates to reflect on scientific realism
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.