[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
George Orwell discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: george.orwell.png (147 KB, 462x277) Image search: [Google]
george.orwell.png
147 KB, 462x277
What do you think of him, /lit/?
I've read Animal Farm and 1984 and they're my personal favorites, something about his literature is simply beautiful.
Open for discussion.
>>
>>8133864
/r/books class of 2016
>>
>>8133864
>>
File: 1464909872192.jpg (1 MB, 1820x4348) Image search: [Google]
1464909872192.jpg
1 MB, 1820x4348
>>8133864
I know you're the one making all these 1984 threads and it needs to stop.
I get it. Welcome to literature.
>>
>>8133864
He's popular, therefore I hate him.
>>
>>8133864
evil capitalist pig propagandist who spreads lies about the grorious soviet union
>>
>>8133864
Stop making Orwell threads. Orwell does not need threads.
>>
by the way there's literally nothing wrong with government surveillance
>>
>>8134251
unless people i don't like do it, then it's bad
>>
Down and Out in Paris and London was a fantastic account of poverty. Lots of people hate Orwell because he's popular.
>>
>>8134270
I also liked that book alongside Homage to Catalonia. The problem with Orwell is not his fault at all. Animal Farm and 1984 dwarf his oeuvre and often most people stop reading him after those books because they were required reading in school or they simply wanted to see what all the hubbub was about. Then they move onto more respected writers and forget about Orwell because all they remember about Orwell is the fact that they read him when they were more ignorant about literature.

Well, kiddies, read his work again now that you've grown some pubes and admire how he made what was once tolerable poverty and social injustice unacceptable to the bourgeois masses of Britain. In some of those early novels you see him playing around with naturalism and experimental forms (inspired by James Joyce mostly) in an attempt to get his message across. After writing propaganda in World War II, he learned to communicate to the masses by writing in the most English of storytelling modes: an allegory. That was why 1984 and Animal Farm worked so well. It's too bad he didn't live long enough to write something similar to The Fairie Queene in Georgian prose.

Anyway most of this will go over your heads because you don't actually read books but repeat memes from wikipedia and /lit/.
>>
File: 1458444302513.gif (2 MB, 381x434) Image search: [Google]
1458444302513.gif
2 MB, 381x434
>>8134333
Sweet trips, bro

but ur a faggot
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.