[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which philosophy argues against Absurdism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: NewsExtra_175533.jpg (90 KB, 488x720) Image search: [Google]
NewsExtra_175533.jpg
90 KB, 488x720
Which philosophy argues against Absurdism?
>>
>>8132584
Most of them
>>
>>8132584
A lot of them
>>
Great thread
>>
>>8132584
None of them
It's perfect
>>
>>8132607
Well what do you want? The answer most of them is correct. How are the responses meant to be great for such a question?
>>
>>8132584
"Absurdism" is not a thing in philosophy. Neither is "Nihilism". These are vague, ill-defined buzzwords that are thrown around by the likes of /lit/ posters.
>>
>>8132584
Some of them.
>>
>>8132665
The Absurd is clearly defined in The Myth of Sisyphus. Nihilism isn't ill defined. It's a family name for related ideas (moral nihilism, epistemological nihilism, Metaphysical nihilism etc).
>>
>>8132665
this is /lit/, what do you expect besides pseudo-intellectual teenagers
>>
>>8132704
For you to say things like this. and this >>8132665
>>
>>8132702
You are talking like a /lit/ poster. Neither term is used in philosophy.
>>
>>8132665
>I say things that are unexpected and contrarian that sound really good and make me look like an enlightened individual despite the fact that there is no reasoning or logic behind what I'm saying

th-thanks /lit/
>>
>>8132715
Neither "absurdism" or "nihilism" are terms that are used IN PHILOSOPHY. They are vague terms thrown around by teenagers and people who post on /lit/. What is it that is "unexpected"? You expected teenagers to know what the fuck they are talking about? What possible "logic" could be involved in reporting an empirical fact? Are you trolling or just retarded?
>>
>>8132734
A 30 second google search brought me writings by contemporary PhD level philosophers talking about nihilism.
>>
>>8132655

Well, since this is a philosophy thread it would be prior to the nature of the subject to answer the question, "Why?".
>>
>>8132734
spotted the philosophy major
>>
>>8132734
I had a friend who was taking a philosophy course at her college that covered absurdism
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.