[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can erotica be /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: fifty-shades-300.jpg (42 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
fifty-shades-300.jpg
42 KB, 300x400
Can erotica be /lit/?
>>
No, sex is disgusting.
>>
>>8131901

It CAN be, but the only example I can think of is De Sade.
>>
Yes.

>>8131907
de Sade is not erotica.
>>
>>8131901
If I were targeting advertisements at /lit/ I not use fifty shades of grey. Instead I would do something like Revolutionary Road, and later argue that it was erotica. Like reverse bondage stuff, male power fantasies, it feels like erotica to me.
>>
>>8131901
In short, no.
Good erotica is the polar opposite of good lit.

mostly because it's supposed to be appealing to women and not men
>>
Yes, examples:
>>8131907, Sacher-Masoch, Wittkopf, Teratologen, Batailles
>>
File: tumblr_o53ng7ICVw1vqalc2o1_1280.jpg (215 KB, 794x860) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o53ng7ICVw1vqalc2o1_1280.jpg
215 KB, 794x860
>>8131910
>de Sade is not erotica.

It is for me
>>
>>8131910
How is it not?
>>
>>8131913
>mostly because it's supposed to be appealing to women and not men
There must be erotic fiction, with literary merit, that is written with a male audience in mind.
>>
>>8131934
sure, but that's then again not really what "erotica" has come to connotate in a strict sense, especially not with the Fifty Shades of Grey book cover as pic related
>>
>>8131934
Men aren't erotic, we are extremely sexually frigid, contrary to the memes.

You nut and that's that, while a woman is a 24/7 high strung sex monster.
>>
>>8131950
>when autists explain sexuality
>>
>>8131958
he's right though?
>>
>>8131962
not really?

>battle of the anecdote to follow
>>
>>8131966
try reading some Kindle "erotica" erotica written by women (or professional men posing as women) for either women or men, and then some literotica or Kindle erotica written by men for men, and you'll see immediately see the difference in giving a fuck about fetishes etc. being an integral part of the story. Men just don't give a fuck that much, they secretly just want to fuck their mom and that's it.

Women secretly want to fuck anything that moves.
>>
>>8131901
Only when John Hawkes wrote it. Adventures in the Alaskan skin trade is widely considered an "erotic masterpiece".
>>
Even if it can, 50 shades of grey specifically is badly written so it wouldn't qualify
>>
Venus in Furs, Story of the Eye, the list goes on...
>>
>>8131901
Yep, Venus in Furs and Tropic of Cancer are the best examples I can think of.
>>
Sure, I fap to Lolita.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.