[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not sure if it's the right board, but I had a bit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
I'm not sure if it's the right board, but I had a bit of a question / discussion topic I wanted to get some feedback on.

What does it mean to become smarter?

Is intelligence something as tangible as becoming stronger? That being, you lift things gradually increasing in weight until you're lifting extremely heavy things.

Can you make intelligence and strength synonymous, or is the concept of intelligence more complex than that?

Does reading make YOU feel smarter? If so, why do you think that is?
>>
>>8129533
>smarter

Stopped reading there, "intelligence" is a spook
>>
>>8129546
Yea, I don't get it. Is that some kind of red-pill speak?
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 218x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 218x348
>>8129551
Here you go senpai, read this if you want to despook yourself.

>Stirner himself, however, has no truck with "higher beings." Indeed, with the aim of concerning himself purely with his own interests, he attacks all "higher beings," regarding them as a variety of what he calls "spooks," or ideas to which individuals sacrifice themselves and by which they are dominated. Among the "spooks" Stirner attacks are such notable aspects of capitalist life as private property, the division of labour, the state, religion, and society itself.

Intelligence is indeed a spook.
>>
Becoming smarter means becoming more educated, which helps you in real life situations, which boosts your IQ, which is a spook.
>>
>>8129830
>"smart...educated"
>"real life situations"
Don't know where you heard about false life.. and the relation between smart and education

Scepticism isn't the right way to deal with such a notion !? You're no better than OP who asked about intelligence without truely asking himself about it. In fact, you're even worse for blaming and throwing at him the supposedly "spook" qualification regarding intelligence.

OP, look out for the true meaning of intelligence and its relation with smartness.
Intelligence comes from intelego which meant ability to link. I really like the relation you thought about regarding strengh. Yes you can make them synonymous, as long as you think that lifting is similar to exercising your ability to link. From this point you have two options : either you think that all experience can be linked among themselves therefore trying to rationalize and foresee the existent link, or you will try to make a discrete list of all possible experience you've went through in order to be more efficient in linking the situation you're experiencing and the ones you've already had a knowledge about. Thus, you can say that reading does increaze the number of experience you've supposedly went through or aknowledge and it can imrpove your ability to link.

HOWEVER, to all of those talking about education, education gives you information not knowledge. Stop making that dumb mistake and learn about what you're talking about before stating non reliable INFORMATIONS.

PS: Variety among books will also establish if it gives information (ex : dictionary) or knowledge (free interpretation, sharing of experience)
>>
>>8129533
why is op's pic pokemon?
>>
>>8130405
I feel like this is one of the posts where the poster makes such bold claims that you assume they know what they're talking about when in reality they're a moron.
>>
RAW food for thought ?
>>
>>8131113
Sure, idc if he might be but we should only blame the true moron also making bold statement
Not a crime not to know
>>
Gettin' smarter is a combination of expanding the terrain of your possible mental expressions and increasing the amount of stuff you have in your brain for conceptual blending, analogy, comparison, reference, etc.

Everyone probably has innate capacities (memory, speed, visualising, knack for concept combination, etc.), and you can probably improve your brain by doing things like eating well, exercising, and maybe even nootropics. But in terms of content, it's mostly about undergoing conceptual revolutions and building up shitloads of well-ordered, worn-in material. The more you read, the more your brain will get used to applying its heuristics, the more the heuristics will fuse and form greater heuristics and get exponentially more nuanced.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.