[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which authors hit "rock bottom" /lit/, particularly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: mercer.jpg (165 KB, 500x696) Image search: [Google]
mercer.jpg
165 KB, 500x696
Which authors hit "rock bottom" /lit/, particularly before they had anything published?

I can think of:

Houellebecq
>wife divorced him, then was unemployed and in and out of mental institutions

Walser
>poor and then institutionalized
>>
>>8122500
wilde
>>
Which authors languished in unfulfilled mediocrity forever?
>>
Donald Ray Pollock did manual labor until he turned 50, then he pulled himself together and started studying english at university and writing short stories
>>
>>8122500
Myself
>dumped by love of life
>became alcoholic
>lost job
>car stolen
>evicted from home
>dropped out of university

But I won't be published for about another two years.
>>
>>8122680
You, apparently.
>>
rowling wrote harry potter on napkins :^)
>>
>>8122906

>love of life while still in university

My dad and his first wife were together from age 13-35 when she died from cancer. He found another 'love of his life'.

Pseudoromantic masochism is the number one cause of suffering in the youth of 1st world countries.
>>
>>8122964
She had some big tiddies tho
>>
>>8122500
Walser was well-off and famous.. he wasnt institutionalized til the end of his life...
>>
Henry Miller
Frederick Exley

Kerouac was a bit of a fuck up - mom and dad would take him in from time to time or send money
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.