[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stephen King General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 3389.jpg (11 KB, 177x266) Image search: [Google]
3389.jpg
11 KB, 177x266
What are his most underrated and overrated works?
>>
>>8121206
>Underrated
It's impossible to underrate Stephen King
>Overrated
Everything he's ever published
>>
>>8121212
racist
>>
OP, you're 13 or what?
>>
>>8121212
Twelves of truth
>>
bachmann books
>>
>>8121206
>underrated
It
>overrated
The Stand
The Shining
Carry
>>
File: 1349402563421.jpg (92 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
1349402563421.jpg
92 KB, 399x400
>>8121206
So this is how far /lit/ has fallen
>>
>>8121288
>Carry
>Carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace and you are done
>>
>2016
>still being a contrarian faggot and not acknowledging that King writes mostly compelling fiction

oh wait, I'm on /lit/
>>
I have a copy of 11/22/63 signed by him, how much do you think I could sell it for?
>>
>>8121288
As a King fanboy, absolutely correct.
>>
>>8121598
>compelling fiction

l m f a o t b h f a m
>>
>>8121637
Give it a few years and probably a pretty penny. First editions of his early works go for thousands.
>>
>>8121598
>compelling
>totally not a buzzword you stole from one of the blurbs on his books
Spellbinding shitpost, lad. A real tour de force.
>>
Underrated: Dark Tower series and Rose Madder

Overrated: It

Hipsters: ask me why I'm a lit major and still a fan of Mr. King.
>>
>>8121675
Lit majors are known for being massive pseuds. You're not impressing anyone. Also Carrie was the only book of his with even a hint of artistic merit.
>>
Stop talking about Stephen King. Leave.
>>
>>8121688
Stephen is probably my number one biggest influence. I don't think I've ever read a sentence I didn't like. There's a math to writing and I might've not figured that out for a long time with Mr. King.

Heh... 'King', it's actual poetry.
>>
>>8121708
>Stephen is probably my number one biggest influence

ten men vomit
>>
overrated? Salem's Lot. Compared to all the other King I've read, definitely. My favs are Long Walk, Rage, It, Stand, Under the Dome, 11/22/63 - fuck I love King.

Underrated? Idk, Joyland?
>>
>>8121688
>stop talking about literature on the literature board

Ignore the thread then
>>
>>8121206
the first part of On Writing, before he starts giving actual writing advice, is absolutely terrific.
>>
Whats wrong with having an idea u fancy, writing it out completely and sharing that idea? U douches who "dont read for fun" have never really read anything. 1000 meanings and all that.
>>
File: Idris_Elba_2014.jpg (895 KB, 1350x1944) Image search: [Google]
Idris_Elba_2014.jpg
895 KB, 1350x1944
Boy, they bent over backwards to find a guy for Roland that resembled King, didn't they?

Also: what the fuck are they going to do when Susanna is all crazy? Is she going to call him an Uncle Tom?
>>
Underrated: the shinning

Plebs only like the movie
>>
>>8122019
Did you read the second one yet?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.