[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was recently introduced to the work of Macedonio Fernández
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: macedonio1.jpg (26 KB, 330x403) Image search: [Google]
macedonio1.jpg
26 KB, 330x403
I was recently introduced to the work of Macedonio Fernández and was blown away. Has anyone else read Macedonio?
Can you think of another obscure, hidden gem of an author?
>>
>>8120945
I have been looking for an ebook of anything of his, with no luck.
>>
>>8121315
All I could get my hands on was Museum of Eterna's Novel in paperback on Amazon.

Trust me, it's worth it. Imagine Jorge Luis Borges, only trade in JLB's calculation and precision for MF's passion and fluidity.
>>
Urmuz.

From what I hear, he's some sort of Romanian cult hero of the avant-garde.
But, like Macedonio, he's almost impossible to find in translation.
>>
>>8121824
>this author is kinda like a different author but actually he just sounds like himself.
cool description.
>>
>>8121867

Whenever you hear someone compare describe a writer as "Borgesian" or some such nonsense you know you are dealing with a turbopleb.
>>
>>8121885
MF is "Borgesian" only because Borges created his own precursors.
>>
>>8121867
What I mean is that Macedonia's influence on Borges was so large that they seem to be writing the same stories, the same themes, and the same subjects. The difference between the two was there methods and execution- Borges consciously wrote to publish, meticulously grooming his stories to perfection before thy saw the light of day, while Macedonio never published more than a fraction of his work in his life time and by all accounts prefered to share his ideas over a mate with friends, we only have his Novel because his lover transcribed it between bouts of vigorous love making.
>>
>>8121858

He didn't write much at all and it's easy to find if you speak a proper language like a American.

>>8121907

I wasn't taking a dig at Macedonio I was just insulting idiots who use that term. I've heard it used for a bunch of disparate writers.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.