[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing a novel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: feathers-ink_00413361.jpg (728 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
feathers-ink_00413361.jpg
728 KB, 1680x1050
So, /lit/, I usually don't post anything here, but I'll give it a shot.

I am planning to write a novel, about romance mostly. Or very passionate friendship; either of those. But I am unsure about what things should I do/avoid when I'm writing a novel.

Can /lit/ give some advice? Are you an writer yourself or an bookworm? I'd be really grateful if I'd get some help here.
>>
>>8114760
yeah, because the world needs another shitty romance novel
>>
>>8114775
Thanks.
>>
>>8114760
don't consider writing until you have a creative urge to write something. If you have nothing to write, don't write. Read, watch movies, listen to interviews, fuel yourself until something starts to come out more or less fully formed.

>>8114775
Stop shoehorning this basic tumblr teen.
>>
>>8114779
I'm being sincere you jackass
>>
>>8114797
>Read, watch movies, listen to interviews, fuel yourself until something starts to come out more or less fully formed.

And... perhaps get out and have some interaction with real people. There's a reason that good novelists were good with people. Poets not so much, but OP isn't writing sonnets
>>
>>8114816
Yes, this.
Give your brain emotional material to work with. Feel happiness, feel sadness, feel empathy, feel pain. Care about things, give a damn. That's where your writing is going to come from, and if there's nothing there it's going to show
>>
Oh, okay. I definently can go and have some feels, lol. Currently, I am not in a rush too, so time's on my side. Thanks, anons!
>>
>>8114779
don't take it sarcastically he's not fucking kidding
>>
>>8114808
And I'm being sarcastic.
>>
When you are done writing and publish it you are going to have beg and take every opportunity for people to look at it, like me. I just published a free ebook called Seeking Sophia by Adam R. Shipley and you can find it on smashwords.com
>>
>>8114797
This is bullshit advice. If you want to write, you have to force yourself to write, whether you want to or not. It's like exercise.
>>
>>8115338
you sound upset.
why are you upset?
did you frequently wet your bed as a kid
and now of emotions you yourself want to rid

do you really honestly believe that any of the greatest breakthroughs in any area of human civilization were achieved by people "forcing" themselves to be creative against their will?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.