[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else find his writing style awful? Like he inherited almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1462409202741.jpg (63 KB, 626x792) Image search: [Google]
1462409202741.jpg
63 KB, 626x792
Anyone else find his writing style awful? Like he inherited almost the same shitty style of writing as Kant and Hegel? Like his ideas aren't the problem, he just writes them in obtuse prose.
>>
>"prose"
since when did my property start concerning itself with spooks
>>
>>8112597
Wow, did not see that post coming. I'm not talking about his ideas, please take the memes to one of the other meme threads.
>>
>>8112588
I do, although its better than some of his other works that ive read for what its worth.

Its a style that doesnt age well and probably why he will always be kind of obscure
>>
true but hey, maybe that was intentional. the things you get in an easy way fly away just as easily, those that require an effort stay rooted as hard as that effort went.
>>
>>8112588
That's not really 'his' style, though. It was just part of the air your breathed as a 19th century German academic.
>>
>>8112588
You read him in German, or?

Also, I always love the 'the ideas are easy, the reading is hard!'; guess how much confidence that actually engenders in your comprehension. Either you are being ironic, or actually possess the self awareness of a xkcd fan
>>
File: Paul_Valery-1.jpg (508 KB, 1400x1571) Image search: [Google]
Paul_Valery-1.jpg
508 KB, 1400x1571
>>8114529
German. I'm not talking about easy vs hard works. I'm talking about writing style. My comment about his ideas not being the problem was to keep the topic on his writing style. Nice projecting retard.
>>
>reads in translation
>>
>>8114626
Can you maybe cite a passage that irritates you?
>>
>I have no need to take up each thing that wants to throw its cause on us and show that it is occupied only with itself, not with us, only with its good, not with ours. Look at the rest for yourselves. Do truth, freedom, humanity, justice, desire anything else than that you grow enthusiastic and serve them?

is it really so hard to understand?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.