[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>'''mocking''' jews >actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 097N09157_7G86Z.jpg (937 KB, 1502x2000) Image search: [Google]
097N09157_7G86Z.jpg
937 KB, 1502x2000
>'''mocking''' jews
>actually has a poo in the loo sequence

lol
>>
Tropic of Cancer was in a Seinfeld episode. Baked beens teeth "Can't stand ya" dddddddddddddhanajkaskjeakjaef
>>
>>8111310
are you ok
>>
>>8111310
Wtf to that. Is this book any good?
>>
File: image.gif (145 KB, 534x567) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
145 KB, 534x567
Just read these instead
>>
I tried to read this book twice and couldn't get past first ten pages. Third time, I read it in a day and then I read the next book. Henry Miller is a great writer, but something about him has a bit of the con man. I sort of get the feeling that he stole his fame. I dunno.
>>
audiobooks on spotify
i fucking love that mans voice
>>
>>8113037
I thought the first pages were terrible
>>
>>8112022
Yes.
>>
>>8113037
he was without question a liar and an enormous exaggerator, but i wouldn't go so far as to call him a conman.
>>
>>8115409
When I made that comment yesterday, I meant that his writing seems to be nothing but style and little substance, which is fine, I mean, Nabokov is considered more highbrow than Miller and he has even less substance than Miller. Anyway, the reason why I read two of his books in two days was mostly on account of his style which hooked me in. By the third, I didn't care to read another Henry Miller book. I get the impression that there's not much development in his writing maybe because he got such a late start. Pretty much all of the pictures we have of him are from when he was an old fart decades after he wrote Tropic of Cancer. It must have been disappointing not to get recognition until he was in his 60's.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.