[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many words do you write a day? Like working out, I can never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: typewriter_woman.jpg (47 KB, 941x942) Image search: [Google]
typewriter_woman.jpg
47 KB, 941x942
How many words do you write a day?
Like working out, I can never stick to writing for longer than a few days before failing miserably and doing nothing.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>8107180
You just gotta do it no matter what bro

>>8109241
Shitposts contain words
>>
3-6k a day for like two weeks, on stretches where the story captures my utmost attention and I enjoy the process of writing it. Afterwards, if it's not done or close to it, the process becomes an unendurable slog.
>>
i care more about content than word count, but ifs easy enough to knock out like 1000k every other day
>>
>>8109500
>care more about content
>knock out like 1000k
>>
>>8109511
I said its easy to do, not that it's my average.

>/lit/ learns to read
>>
>>8109511
y-you cant think up 500 words of good content per day?
>>
>>8109529
If I did I wouldn't refer to it as "knocking it out".
>>
>>8109533
Lol look at Shakespeare over here
>>
i write at least a few hundred words worth of shitposts everyday
>>
>>8109536
To knock something out is to do something lazily and poorly.
>>
>>8109545
Only if you want it to be. Plus you'll be editing that dogshit anyway so why act all prissy.
>>
>>8109549
Still seems a funny thing to say directly after claiming you care more about content. Why not knock out that much every day? Or twice that? You're only going to edit it anyway.
>>
>>8109558
Alot easier to edit if you keep it brief and to the point, I'm not one to shit all over a page but I dont pretend its perfect either.

Again 1000k a day is extremely easy to do, literally the average for many novel writers. I'm more into short stories and novellas so I dont even /need/ to plug out that much shit to fill the gaps, but I know I can easily do it.

When you're more focused on making sure your characters are on track and staying on theme, word count becomes quickly irrelevant. Its what you actually say that matters.
>>
>>8109255
>>
>>8109500
>>8109577
Anon if you were writing nonstop for 24 hours, you'd have to do almost 700 wpm to hit 1000k words in a day. 1000k words is 25 novels' worth of words.
>>
>>8109681
lol thanks
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.