[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished pic related. What other Dostoyevsky books do I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 361.jpg (106 KB, 260x400) Image search: [Google]
361.jpg
106 KB, 260x400
Just finished pic related. What other Dostoyevsky books do I read next? I have no idea what novel of his to read next.
>>
I hated this book. The main character felt utterly ridiculous and in no way realistic let alone relatable - which made it even more of a disappointment because it didn't make up for the senseless drivel of the first part of the book.
>>
>>8105863
C&P
>>
>>8105863
crime and punishment and then brothers karamazov. after youve done them you can do any of the others, but those two are obligatory.
>>
the double
>>
>>8105875
>>8105863
From what I remember I really loved Notes from Underground. I noticed in the first half of the book that I was rooting for the Man from Underground and felt sympathetic towards his worldview. Than halfway through the book I started to detest him, saw how pathetic and malign he was, the book made me question how I perceived myself to be, and that in the end I too in a way was being pathetic and wicked in the way I perceived the world and everyone around me. All in all I loved it though I probably haven't given it the attention it deserves.
>>
>>8105875
it's literally /r9k/ embodied. same with book of disquiet i got memed on hard with that one. don't know if i can finish it tbqh
>>
>>8105927
>book of disquiet
i think the consensus on this is that you're not supposed to read it through like a novel.

it's a collection of thoughts: you can drop it or pick it up wherever you like without missing any continuity or story, because there is none.
>>
>>8105934

It does seem very beta.
>>
>>8105884
Having read Notes and then C&P (but not Brothers yet) I can confirm that this is the best thing to do now. But to be honest from what I have seen so far I would replace Brothers with The Double.
>>
>>8106871
don't listen to this guy, Brothers K is the magnum opus
>>
>>8105875
That's the point. He's supposed to make you question your SADBOII-ness
>>
>>8105921
This is exactly how I felt.
>>
>>8105875
Normies out.
>>
>>8105875
>>8105921
>>8105927
>>8106389
>>8107204
>>8108634

>completely misinterpreting the book
>>
>>8109187
Then how would you interpret it?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.