[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips on conquering this behemoth, lit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: title-screen.png (9 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
title-screen.png
9 KB, 512x480
Tips on conquering this behemoth, lit?
>>
>>8101654
Yes, don't read trash.
>>
>>8101654
maybe
>>
>>8101670
Kys
>>
>>>/b/ehemoth underage
>>
>>8101654
good bait mate
>>
>>8101670
>>8101683
>>8101689
>>8101691
you are all cancer
>>
It's like 97 pages anon. And it's in plain English about a relatable American theme. It couldn't be more readable if it came with a side of fries and a toy.
>>
>>8101759
12th grade reading level
>>
>>8101759
Kek
>>
>>8101654
Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil? They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?
>>
>>8102190
What does this have to do with it?
>>
File: 343px-Pensieve_One.jpg (14 KB, 343x480) Image search: [Google]
343px-Pensieve_One.jpg
14 KB, 343x480
>>8102210
What you have to understand, is Gatsby was your model for God.

If Gatsby bailed, what does that tell you about God?

Listen to me! You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen.
>>
>>8102190
gatsby isn't a symbol of god. he's one of the most obvious jesus figures in literary existence

>arm stretched toward green light = jesus' arms stretched out in crucifixion.
>"Gatsby" = James Gatz = a jew. jesus was jewish.
> throws extravagant parties for anyone and everyone to attend (the poor, the rich, the crooked) much like how jesus accepted everyone (whores, prostitutes, beggars)

tom and daisy are symbolic of the catholic church and romans (hence why they wouldn't divorce even though they weren't catholic, but in a way they were) because they (implicitly) plot gatzby's death over cold, fried chicken.
>>
>>8102248
god fuck you i fell for the fight club meme i fucking hate you.
>>
>>8102248
>>8102275
This is why nobody take seriously american "literature".
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.