[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best episode of Dave's World and why is it S1E09
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 349x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 349x500
What is the best episode of Dave's World and why is it S1E09 A Pynch Too Far?
>>
I prefer S2E01 Late Bloomer
>>
S3E04: Tao Lin Off
>>
S05E13 Hangin' Out

Series finale
>>
S2E10: I See London, I See Franzen
>>
S1E03 Tennis the Loneliest Number
>>
>>8096235
you guys are just as gay reddit t b h
>>
File: 1417979342447.jpg (104 KB, 679x673) Image search: [Google]
1417979342447.jpg
104 KB, 679x673
>>8096264
>you guys
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 400x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 400x326
S2E07: the one where wardine be cry
>>
I don't get these
>>
S1E02: Postmodern Times
>>
What about the one where Dr. Bloom kidnaps Jimmy and pits him in gladiatorial combat with W.B., Shakes and other major English poets whom he'd also captured? I always thought that one was really good, but I can't remember the name. The sideplot where Pynchon tries to woo the cashier at a sex shop with recitations from his corprophagia scene was really funny too.
>>
>>8096414
That was the S1E25, The Canon Wars.
>>
>>8096437

Ah, that's right. It ends with the Resentniks destroying Dr. Bloom's Anxiety Machine, right? Jimmy dies as a result, but of course there was some deus ex machina whereby he got revived. Frankly I lost a lot of respect for the show after that, especially since Dr. Bloom's schemes started getting excessively repetitive. Tommy remained a good character, though.
>>
S4E03: Insolent Guest

To promote his latest book, Dave goes on the Letterman show. Fearing his tendency to sweat profusely, Dave pours a water bottle over his head before he goes out to be interviewed. "What have you been doing? Why are you sweating so much?" Letterman asks. "It's not sweat, I poured a water bottle over my head." "It looks like sweat to me," says Letterman. The audience isn't buying it either and laughs. Dave then gets up and spends the rest of his time trying to convince the audience that it's water, not sweat. "This is water," he says to then, over and over, "This is water."
>>
>>8096398
S1E02 was An Infinite Jest [1]

[1] Part Two.

Personally, I loved S1E07 when Dave, Tao and Pynchon try to score some heroin in Mexico City, only to get one of the ageing crimeboss William Burroughs' best pushers arrested and they have to agree to transport 20kg of weed across the American border. The scene where Tao distracted the border officer while Dave got Pynchon out of the barbed wire - absolutely priceless.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.