[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>first-person, present tense If the story isn't written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
>first-person, present tense
If the story isn't written with a third-person omniscient narrator in the past tense, it's tryhard "experimental" bullshit and fails as literature because it's fundamentally inauthentic.
>>
EVERYONE SHOULD WRITE LIKE ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHUT THE FUCK UP MOM I'M TALKING ABOUT LITERATURE ON THE INTERNET REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8096044
Your pic very much related, share this with your friends at the next Magic: The Gathering tournament. Literature is just pretentious, Warhammer40k novels represent the pinnacle of mankind's cultural output.
>>
>>8096047
That post confirmed the literary inadequacy of the the first-person, present tense.
>>
>>8096056
thank you for noticing my subtle self critique hidden underneath five separate layers of irony.
>>
>>8096050
>>8096060
>second-person
There was absolutely no reason to reply to the content of those awful posts, as they were offensive to intellectual standards familiar to cultural elites since primary school.
>>
>>8096044
first person voice novels are the worst. Getting angry thinking about them
>>
>>8096044
>his book has persons
Awful, just awful.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.