[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So for a little while now I've been trying to understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: 1462054936676.png (52 KB, 215x422) Image search: [Google]
1462054936676.png
52 KB, 215x422
So for a little while now I've been trying to understand Nick Land's philosophy and I think I have a good outline of it, can someone confirm or deny what what I think I've got?

So basically in Land's view modern history starts when capital is let loose on civilization and supersedes traditional society. Modern history is then defined by a struggle between capital and culture to gain dominance. The apparatus preventing capital from gaining traction is the Human Security System which is synonymous with Moldbug's Cathedral. The Cathedral attempts to create equality through various means and models such as social democracy and thereby hinder the advance of capital which strives on difference as well as human desire. In Land's view the effort of the Cathedral is futile as human equality violates the laws of GNON and those attempting it will be punished by nature. The triumph of capital will mark the end of history in a Hegelian sense with an inevitable technocommercial singularity whereby capital will discard its human hosts by means of self-automation. This will create a breakthrough in intelligence because it is no longer constrained by human monkey brains. So in Land's view we should not resist the forces of capital but instead embrace it and propel its growth through accelerationism by means of open markets and splintering sovereignty into collections of city states a la Singapore.

Did I get everything right?
>>
>>8094220
No.

Take your meme 'philosophers' back to where you found them
>>
File: Soldier_bed.jpg (96 KB, 277x662) Image search: [Google]
Soldier_bed.jpg
96 KB, 277x662
Nick Land is basically a real-life Dr. Breen.
Submit to the Shu'ulathoi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2yhqxyYLUQ
>>
File: 1462076351369.jpg (398 KB, 1072x881) Image search: [Google]
1462076351369.jpg
398 KB, 1072x881
>>8094230
Nick was shitposting here before you were born, kiddo.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRlmBs7EwMk

Marxism is basically the chimpout that happens at the end of 10.000 B.C.
It will take away from us our chance to rule the stars because "muh feelings" and "not fair :( I want luxury too!"
But we serve the Dark Ones. Our pacts will be baptized with their blood. They will grant us our godhood... Let it accelerate towards the Apocalypse.
>>
>>8094220
seems about more or less right

you're forgetting two important concepts though:
Exit and Secession

He sees in city-states like Singapore the ideal means towards the concretization of the teleological process of capitalism

But, he ultimately defends a "market" of geopolitics, by breaking up states to their smallest possible polities and allow for a multitude of governments, where people have only the political right of Exiting and moving between states.

But I'm probably not the best person to discuss this, as I'm still reading about him ultimately
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.