[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm working on a short story series It's based around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: whoa.jpg (21 KB, 175x120) Image search: [Google]
whoa.jpg
21 KB, 175x120
So I'm working on a short story series
It's based around battles and reworking them
but in fiction stories, what are some big/famous battles?
(such as battle of Mordor, helms deeps, et cetera)
I just want a big comprehensive list of y'alls favorite fictional (can be horror, scifi, fantasy, anything) battles
So let's make a list, and if possible, WHY you like that battle
>>
Raskolnikov's battle against the pawnbroker and her sister.
Don Quijote's battle against the windmills.
>>
>>8093164
Battle of the 300 Champions
literally just look it up
>>
File: 1464351355583.jpg (67 KB, 812x938) Image search: [Google]
1464351355583.jpg
67 KB, 812x938
Every time I try to write something with muh swords I get this nagging feeling that Im not capable of describing a believable fight no matter how much I read on it, wish I could learn fencing or some HEMA shit but I live in the middle of nowhere and that is simply not possible.

Same with large scale armies, Im reading The Art of war but I wish I could find something that went on autistic detail on the tactics of an encounter.
>>
>>8093164
Every great battle already has a fiction work written about it. You're just going to create a series of shorter, inferior, after-the-fact knock-offs.
>>
>>8094397
aight
>>8094390
will do
and thats gold, definitely
>>8094442
not knock offs, it's adding something to it
and yes, every REAL battle has fiction
so I'm talking total fiction
>>8094410
yeah same sometimes
>>
I remember the Redwall series having great battles, but I read those when I was like 8, so I'm not sure if they really were all that good.
>>
>>8093164

Pavel Petrovich versus Bazarov, although the duel as a stand alone thing might not work if the reader doesn't already understand these two characters.
>>
>>8094574
never know
will look into
i loved deltora but i know all those fights were small
>>8094597
and looking for bigger fights
>>
>>8094410
Read chivalry tales from the middle age, anything written by Chretien de Troyes for that matter.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.