[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /lit/'s stance on audio books?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
What is /lit/'s stance on audio books?
>>
>>8090509
"Depends"
>>
>>8090513
On what?
>>
>>8090509
Sign of the Apocalypse
>>
if read by the author or by some competent narrator a book can improve significantly

but it mostly depends on the book really
>>
>>8090509
Pleb shit.

>h-hah-a MUH COMMUTE
just shoot yourself already you pathetic piece of human waste
>>
>>8090516
How much the written form matters to the text, the density of the material, the themes, the dialogue.

Writing isn't just the capturing of speech, its a form of communication in of itself and translating it can lose much just in the same way translating speech to writing can lose much
>>
File: auyf-square-1536.jpg (75 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
auyf-square-1536.jpg
75 KB, 720x720
>>8090526
>>8090532
consider this
>>
I was listening to some book by Haruki Murakami and there was a part where a young woman was being very horny over the telephone, talking dirty making some kind of very very lewd and verbose invitation to fuck her and the whole part just made feel sick, it was distasteful but I've never seen myself as a prude but then I realized the book was being read by an elderly man and not a young woman at all.
>>
why is this thread made every day
>>
I used George Guidall's audiobook for my 3rd reading of Gravity's Rainbow

I do not so much like the audiobook format and I miss a lot, but I'll be damned if Guidall doesn't nail the voices. I will never read Pynchon's narration and characters in the same way again.
>>
>>8090531
There's nothing wrong to listen to an audio book on the way to work.
Jesus christ you need help.
>>
Hate them. I feel as if Listening to a vital conversation from outside of the room it takes place in.
>>
>>8090547
Again it depends, an easy example for instance is if the author/reader is male and he has to read a females voice and vice versa, its probably ok some of the time but other times it could take you out of the immersion
>>
Only if the reader is great like this guy is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIQynsWpBpQ
>>
Only if it's narrated by a cute sounding girl so I can pretend I have someone to love.
>>
Only if you're blind
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.