[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /lit/, this is the thread you writers have been waiting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1463939004707.png (252 KB, 517x323) Image search: [Google]
1463939004707.png
252 KB, 517x323
Alright /lit/, this is the thread you writers have been waiting for. I want to know about your novel or memoir or whatever book you're writing. What you should post:

1. The cover, with the name changed if you want.
2. An explanation of the title.
3. Plot summary.
4. Main character's name and personality.
5. Do you plan to get it published?
>>
hmmm

how about this

/mu/ has those threads where they combine random elements through wikipedia and stuff to make albums

somebody come up with a way to do this here with books

i cant do it im dumb
>>
>>8087885
What about books we've already written?
>>
How about books we are currently writing?
>>
>>8087936
>>8088089
thats fine
>>
>>8087885
Who are the 4 on the left? I see kafka and DFW, don't know the rest.
>>
>>8088093

1] pic related (inb4stopspammingyourshit)

2] It's about literally and proverbially untouchable things and memory.

3] This dude dies in the prologue and the rest of the book is (mostly) brief snapshots of random people and/or groups affected by his death in one way or another.

4] There is no main character. It shuffles through a series of mostly one-off perspectives.

5] It's on Amazon, though jury's out on whether that "counts" or not (I know most of you would say it doesn't).
>>
Haven't decided on a name. Suggestions are welcome.

It's really an extrapolation of my time as a spiritual satanist and the process of becoming acquainted with demons. Revolves around protagonist becoming narcoleptic after tensions of self between drug use and interest in "communication" with metaphysical beings becomes overbearing. In attempting to discern spirituality from hallucinations, protagonist falls into coma and explores a physical manifestation of this inner turmoil by the guidance of one of these entities. Trying not to sound like Stephen King, but I guess that comes with the territory. It's more an act of exploring my spirituality than anything.

Main character is Stanley, an introvert in his early 20s who I'd like to not come off as an insufferable fuckstick but still does a lot of self-reflecting on demarcation between spirituality and induced experience and whatnot.

I don't know. Right now it's more or less a dedication to my friends than anything.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.