[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who starts feeling/feels apathy for books? >me 14- 17 yo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: resize.jpg (53 KB, 425x543) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
53 KB, 425x543
Who starts feeling/feels apathy for books?
>me 14- 17 yo
>passionate reader stage. Lover of historical, classic, fantasy novels. Little bit reading philosophy.
>loved to read. That was one of my hobbies since i was autistic introverted robot and that was how i used to spend few hours before sleep. Really enjoyed it.

>me 18-20
>apathetic reader stage. Reading philosophy, history books and classic novels.
>reading more because that became habit (very useful habit) and to stimulate myself intellectually than because i really enjoying it. More to get/gather knowledge and understand philosophical conceptions and historical ideas than escape from reality (have no interest in GOT) but i lost that '' ahh the moment " feeling

>now i choose books by how much i can learn from it and how much it can provide me " self-growth" than by story line. But i read about subjects that interest me.
>also i read only maybe 1 book in 2 months when i used to read up to 4. Now when i have some free time or before i go sleep i prefer to shitpost on 4chan, whatsapp, kik or watch some videos on YouTube than go read books.
>Also i started work and get out with mates more often but i still have plenty of time and loneliness plus my apathy started when i was in 11 grade

In short: did anybody else losing/lost interest in reading books by time? Or u still hold same interests as always?
>>
>>
poor losers probably plucked up the courage to post one picture on social media just to be turned into a derogatory meme.

F
>>
>>8083320
I don't feel apathy, but my internet addiction/ADHD behavior keeps me from reading a lot. I am thinking that I might have to cut myself from the internet for some time. I have become competely addicted to the feeling that there is always "someone" with me, be it TV, skype, youtube videos, music. I need to readjust myself to silence again. Used to be able to read for whole days.
>>
>>8083525
>the feeling that there is always "someone" with me, be it TV, skype, youtube videos, music
You mean you keep pressing F5 endlessly refreshing the front page of /lit/ because you persistently believe that somebody had just posted a fascinating new thread that might interest you?
>>
>>8083539
Something like that.
>>
Once you drop any conception of being sophisticated or well read the world of literature looks alot more open and fun, same for anything else really.
>>
>>8083320
>Or u still

Stop writing like a fucking child.
>>
>>8083544
this, when you stop reading in order to "improve your essential self" you'll become much better.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.