[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are notable young authors almost non-existent? Age or life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: elliot_rodger3.jpg (368 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
elliot_rodger3.jpg
368 KB, 750x500
Why are notable young authors almost non-existent? Age or life experience shouldn't be a deciding factor into what makes an author great.
>>
File: pynchon pepe.jpg (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pynchon pepe.jpg
58 KB, 600x600
>>8079583
>he doesn't know that you'll never be great if you aren't published and acclaimed by age 25
>>
Luna Miguel, I know you're reading this. Don't post in here, you have NO DISCERNIBLE TALENT.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 250x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 250x317
>>8079583
It depends on the circumstance
>>
>>8079583
The best authors have read a lot. The majority of under 25s haven't read enough, have read a lot of shit, or are doing English degrees and so are cynical as shit about writing in general.

The best authors come to it late, and spend years refining their own work.
>>
File: gweaweras.jpg (110 KB, 1150x631) Image search: [Google]
gweaweras.jpg
110 KB, 1150x631
>>8079583
It's not that they're nonexistent, it's that no one pays attention to them.
>>
File: mira.jpg (79 KB, 1080x1084) Image search: [Google]
mira.jpg
79 KB, 1080x1084
>>8079583
>Why are notable young authors almost non-existent?

Uh, hello?
>>
>>8079631
>all those pill bottles
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>8079631
imagine if evertyhing you did was ironic, like you put up ironic christmas lights and zany catchphrase banners in your apartment, and everyone pretended the cosmos was a daria sitcom and you were the jaded main character everyone is always watching all the time, and then you hit 35 and no one wants to lisetn to your stories about how you did ecstasy and zany shit on friday any more and youre just a fat bitch no one cares about for like 60 more years and you cant go back and redo it all and become a human instead
>>
because of the education system. it just teaches so much garbage with so little good in between, that many young authors are just writing boring genre trash, rather than anything that has meaning, as they've been taught such shit.
>>
>>8079635
Treating bipolar schizoaffective depression isn't easy
>>
>>8079642
>he thinks he'll be somehow rewarded in later life for being a boring prick.

Premium kek
>>
>>8079631
>im acting crazy!!! but i read and write!! im smart and am intellectual!!! xD

death
>>
>>8079657
There are more than two paths in life, anon. Someone who partied in college but worked hard enough to get into medical school, then takes an interesting specialty where they contribute to the store of medical knowledge and treat patients while also having a family and writing down their thoughts is neither boring nor anything like Mira Gonzalez.
>>
>>8079669
Yeah, nah, you're a boring fucking prole who'll always be a boring fucking prole no matter what income bracket you're in.
>>
>>8079648

Yes it is.

1: proper diet
2: exercise
3: no drug use
4: cultivating mindfulness instead of hip cynicism
>>
>>8079631

She looks so healthy and happy.
>>
>>8079687
Mira pls. Your mental problems and drugs aren't that interesting. If you weren't a total basket case, maybe Vice would assign you something other than writing about stuff you do in your room.
>>
>>8079642
>>8079657
>>8079669
>>8079687
>>8079710
thanks guys, this was genuinely fun to read. you've finally written interesting prose
>>
hey isn't it possible you're being a little bit harsh on Mira because she's a girl? you don't even know her
>>
>>8079704
>mental disorder is treatable through superficial lifestyle changes

Excellent meme.
>>
>>8079844
If we're being harsh on her it's because we read her shitty tweets and vice articles about getting yeast infections and drinking lube.
>>
File: 1464068605581.jpg (41 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
1464068605581.jpg
41 KB, 600x385
>>8079619
dude, please stop posting this shit.
>>
>>8079920
On one hand, he is a shitposter, on the other hand, you're a tripfag. I honestly don't know who's worse.
>>
wew this thread is off the rails
>>
>>8079648
I'm schizoaffective and am fine. I'm writing something about it.
>>
Is Garth Risk Hallberg good? I've been hearing a lot about him lately.
>>
>>8079583
You know what anon - I'll try my hardest just so you can be proud of our generation.
>>
>>8079917

You should go look up the effects those things have on treating mental disorders before making a silly post.
>>
>>8079619
stop trying to peddle your shitty ass novel
>>
>>8080897
You should do the same.
>>
>>8080909
I'm nearly off my medication, all I have to take is Ziprasidone. Those things help but medication is also very important.
>>
>>8079583
that's the main thing that makes an author great
>>
>>8079631
Hnnnh I want to gently stroke that thigh while reading Henry Miller to her as she drifts into a pill-induced nap then jerk off onto her panties then sign up for Twiiter just to send a picture of my cum on Mira's ass to that smug cunt Tao Lin
>>
>>8079635
pills make you feel good, they enhance life.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.