[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some days I feel like I'm just a character in a Pynchon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: download (13).jpg (6 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
6 KB, 183x275
Some days I feel like I'm just a character in a Pynchon book

Anybody catch my drift?
>>
>>8078984
gabba gabba hey
>>
>>8078984
A memeing comes flying across the sky
>>
[thomas pynchon voice] smoke weed everyyday
>>
>>8078984
What's the most Pynchon-esque situation you've ever been in?
>>
>>8079187
There was that one time a ate some DOM and things seemed completely unconnected, both spatially and temporally.
>>
>>8079187
Slipped on a mixture of mashed banana and poo poo that had accumulated on the floor while participating in an orgy full of transvestite niggers.
>>
>>8079187
I once got a hand-J to completion from a well-known fashion designer's daughter in the back of a car while discussing naval policy with a congressman sitting in the passenger seat up front.

I once defended a herd of goats from a pitbull while blazed out of my mind with a hot dog in one hand and made a lame pun about the hotdog afterwards.

I've been to a party at a Harvard graduate school where a large cardboard house was dropped from the ceiling at midnight and a Tokyo real estate magnates daughter learned how to shotgun a beer for the first time while standing on a desk.
>>
>>8079187
At birth I was named Dexter Mimesis
>>
>>8079187
I once forgot if I had just woken up or not.
>>
>>8078984
I know what you mean. Benny Profane is literally me to a T.
>>
>>8079187
It was in middle school. 2003. I was at my best friend's house, shooting hoops in his driveway. He lived on a busy street and we were always afraid of the ball rolling into traffic. The sidewalk was busy too, lots of people would pass by on their way to the nearby bus stop. So we were out there, playing basketball, and this black guy came up and said, "Hey, you guys want to play some ball?" And we looked at each other, like, um, OK. He said, OK, you two vs. me. We said sure, and began to play, half-court rules. Even though he was an adult, he wasn't that hard to guard because he was a short guy. My friend was tall and he had no trouble blocking his shots. "Ah, you got me!" the guy would say when he got his shot blocked. Whenever he found an opening and took a shot he would yell something out, like a gambler shaking dice in his hand, begging for luck before rolling them, shouting out every time. We thought this was hilarious, and we couldn't help but crack up. "What you laughin' at?" he'd say and laugh too. Suddenly, a screaming came across the sky. It had happened before, but there was nothing to compare it to now. It got louder and louder, the sound peaked, and we saw a huge gray military jet fly right over us and then disappear into the distance. The sound was deafening. It went by in a blur, it was here and then it was gone. "Holy smokes!" the black guy yelled. "That thing must have been going a thousand miles per hour!" We stopped playing and stood around talking about the jet for a few minutes. This was only two years after 9/11, so we said maybe it was headed somewhere to prevent a terrorist attack. When the conversation died down, the black guy said, "I gotta go. That was freaky. I gotta go home." We said OK, we said good-bye, and my friend and I went back inside to play Counter-Strike.
>>
>>8079293
>I once played basketball with a black man
Wow
>>
>>8079187
I collect stamps for a hobby
>>
>>8079187
I was in a Cuban bakery at 2 AM, and an old white man came in and started rambling when he noticed my Doors T-shirt. He asked me what books I read and I told him Joyce, so the man proceeded to explain how Finnegans Wake makes sense on acid and that all of Bob Dylan's music was predicted by the romantic poets and Ezra Pound.

Two cops arrived and the guy hopped out of there. As I finished my cafe con leche y una tostada, the younger cop told the older cop about having to shoot a stray dog with his sidepiece a couple weeks earlier.
>>
>>8079305
kek
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.