[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could it be possible for a book to incorporate sound? In my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Could it be possible for a book to incorporate sound?

In my dream I was reading Inherent Vice, but it had a built-in soundtrack of rock hits and lounge music that started playing when you turned to a certain page

It was like one of those noisy Birthday cards
>>
One of the worst post that I have ever read, is this one.
>>
They have children's books like that, you press the button on the side and the cow starts mooing
>>
Memes and shitposts aside, is this book pretty good?
>>
>>8078733
idk i only read books with sound effects
probably?
>>
>>8078644
>In my dream I was reading Inherent Vice, but it had a built-in soundtrack of rock hits and lounge music that started playing when you turned to a certain page

So you were reading Inherent Vice and stoned.

I mean, he references like 30-40 songs and uploaded the playlist to Amazon.
>>
>>8078644
what are you talking about, dingus? this book HAS a soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXp4T7kLL34&list=PLVXXtkqpldpF_2VIGy9W8ujl1CWXQ7v-j

Also, is this book any good? Saw it for $5, harcover used, and wanted to know if its worth it
>>
>>8078715
I laughed pretty hard at this.
>>8078644
Yeah, I mean if you want to have a soundtrack for your book go ahead. It's difficult but doable. I'm not sure how well the gimmick would fly though.
>>
>>8078755
I didn't think it was bad but I didn't think it was anything special. 6.5/10.
>>
>>8078733
Yes, read stoned,watch the movie stoned, then re-read the book sober with a pen for the full experience.

It's a funny book with great dialogue and micro-detail prose. Some of Pynchon's rambles are hilarious, some of them don't work, some of them are paranoid genius.
>>
>>8078715
It could be a cool addition to a novel

Whole nother level of immersion
>>
>>8078733
It's Pynchon's least literary endeavor by a mile but that doesn't mean it's not great. The thing's a tripartite tribute to detective novels, mid-century experimentalists, and the countercultural Zeitgeist Pynchon experienced directly while living in Manhattan Beach.

Read it. A conservative 60% of the book is dialogue, and the way he transitions between conversations gives it the cadence of a film. It's a meandering book that sometimes feels like it doesn't need to be 500 pages, but it's so entertaining that you can breeze through in a week.

I'd recommend you read it outside on sunny mornings, with a sweet drink on hand and a little bit of cannabis or liquor still left in your system.
>>
File: 138_1_.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
138_1_.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>8078747
>>
>>8078914
I have wanted to talk to someone about this. Pynchon uses the word palatial four times in the first 100 pages IV then never again. Why would someone like him need to do that? I bring this up because you suggested micro-detail prose. There must be reason for it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.