[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A song of Ice and Fire book discussion Is this a good deal? 39.99$
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 750x1083) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 750x1083
A song of Ice and Fire book discussion
Is this a good deal? 39.99$
Never read the books only seen a few seasons from the show but I love reading more, I know the size is quite small from what I've read but the hard cover versions are too expensive, which version do you own?
>>
Even at 0$ this would be a terrible deal, you would have to pay me to completely read them, but we all know this is a bait thread and you got the response you wanted.
>>
>>8078205
Jesus Christ, I'm not OP but your sterile criticism is exactly why Postmodernism failed.
>>
>>8078213
Even more bait, wonderful!
>>
>>8078198

I torrented the first book, finished it, said GRRM sucks, and never read anything else about it.

This was before the show too, but I also don't watch that.
>>
>>8078226
Too bad you don't watch the show. The last episode had me in tears. Funny that the best season is the one that's ahead of the books.
>>
>>8078236

Are you a woman or just a pussy?
>>
>>8078242
He's just retarded and has shit taste.

t. someone who watches the show
>>
>>8078236
>Hodor
>Hold the door

Marvel tier writing.
>>
>>8078242
I'm a guy who's not afraid of tears. Is there anything weaker and more slave-like than men who, in their pathetic attempts to be masculine, repress their emotions...
>>
>>8078326

No, crying is fine when there's a legitimate reason to cry. Watching a shitty television show is not one of them, and that makes you a pussy and equal to a woman. Nut up.
>>
>tfw the show has ruined the books for you

Now I know that Stannis will never be part of the final battle. Now I know that Euron Greyjoy, Lady Stoneheart, Mance Rayder etc. doesn't really matter in the long run. Even Jaime, who is my favorite character is dumbed down so much that I do not find him likable in the show at all.
>>
>>8078219
You just proved my point.
>>
>>8078326
The reason strong men don't cry when they stub their toes is not because they are "repressing their emotions" - you limpwristed pantywaist.
>>
>>8078350
>I-I-I w-win
Keep the bait coming
>>
>buying a boxed set of an unfinished series
How stupid are you ?
Why do you want to read that shit?
Why don't you go to the sci fi fantasy thread?
Sage.
>>
I think it's ok if people want to read this. I've read some excerpts here and there, and while the writing is bland at best, the overall world and interactions are serviceable as far as this type of fantasy goes, that which is full of intrigue, deceit, ruling houses and so on, are interesting and I see how some plot twists can drive the plot forward. Played down magic also helps ground the supernatural aspects.

I would rather just watch the show to be honest, family.
>>
>>8078351
Odd analogy. It doesn't quite work. Being a strong, masculine man isn't about name-calling your fellow men, shaming them into acting manly, as you seem to think it is. A strong, masculine man isn't so petty. He has a little more decency than that.
>>
>>8078434
Cant tell if you're trolling or serious. noone gives a shit about your definition of manliness. crying to an average tv show that barely sticks to the source material, and was meant to entertain the average bloke, isnt a sign of manliness, if you cried to that you are emotionally immature.
>>
>>8078395
The show goes full retard and pulls in aw bunch of ridiculous hollywood tropes just to pander to fans mid season 4. Not being a 'book supremacist' as they call it but the shows lose its' unique touch of unabashed realism and replaces it with the idealistic emotional pandering and other bullshit Hollywood troes

Its worth watching up until then tho
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.