[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he fell for the ancient """""thought"""""
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1446994554238.png (513 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1446994554238.png
513 KB, 800x600
>he fell for the ancient """""thought""""" meme
>>
Yeah I'm reading the dialogues right now and Socrates is a fucking dumbass
>>
>>8077238
some of the arguments are so fucking ridiculous.

>wisdom is a virtue
>doctors are wise but they do not compete with other doctors
>unjust people compete with other unjust people
>therefore injustice is not virtuous

something along those lines. it was a convoluted mess.
>>
>>8077198
So many of these on this board. People who think Aristotle and Aquinas actually solved anything beyond a shadow of a doubt are the absolute worst.
>>
>>8077198
>>8077238
>>8077256
>>8077265

ITT L I T E R A L P L E B S

Go back to your John Green and leave the real literature for men.
>>
>>8077268
fuck off glaucon, just agreeing with socrates doesnt make him right.
>>
>>8077198
Isn't it the form of the dialogues which makes them special though? The logical process of drawing conclusions from previously defined assertions shaped what we now think of as legitimate philosophical investigation, whether or not you agree with Platonism itself.
>>
>>8077238

Same.
>>
>they still don't unerstand that all philosphy is a footnote to Plato's
>>
File: 1441740593214.jpg (80 KB, 417x600) Image search: [Google]
1441740593214.jpg
80 KB, 417x600
>>8078463
Correct.

What I mean are the people who read someone like Plato or Aquinas and go "Oh, this resonated with me so game over, all the rest of philosophy BTFO and not even worth looking at." You see it a lot on /lit/ and way too often in autistic Classics majors and Christians.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.