[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Currently reading Lord Foul's Bane by the suggestion of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Currently reading Lord Foul's Bane by the suggestion of my father. So far it is quite an interesting book, who else here has read it?
>>
>>8073415
>reading anything by Stephen Repetitive Donaldson
You don't even deserve to join us in sffg
GET OUT
>>
>>8073422
Super Fuckin' Freaky Gay? Sorry I don't want to join anyways.
>>
>>8073427
>is new fag
>doesn't know of the best thread where people actually read

Thanks for staying out
>>
>>8073431
Ok, so what should I be doing to fit in with you bunch of fags? Pretend to read the books you like and join in a circle jerk of similar opinions? No thank you.
>>
How quaint, a jetpack fag mating ritual.
>>
File: Tom-Gauld-Jetpack[1].jpg (369 KB, 800x483) Image search: [Google]
Tom-Gauld-Jetpack[1].jpg
369 KB, 800x483
>>8073458
you are just jelly :3
>>
It's a big book
>>
>>8073415
I have, it had an interesting premise but is unfortunately marred by an unremarkable writer; The world has very dated and cringe-worthy set pieces, like magic god horses and people that only fight with their hands because of le ancient ritual; the plot and characterisation are both clunky, long periods of slowness with spikes of sudden fleeting interestingness - the main character himself is unpleasant, this being the main premise of the books; unfortunately he's unpleasant in a rather stupid and inconsistent way, rather than being detestable on account of anything profound or psychological. Oh, and the prose is purple without intelligence. I'd suggest this to anyone that "enjoys fantasy", and by that I mean anyone that can pick up a book and enjoy it by virtue of its genre. Avoid otherwise.
>>
>>8073473
OP here. Thanks for saving me some time with an intelligent response. Do you have any suggestions for a good read?
>>
>>8073473
>like magic god horses and people that only fight with their hands
those both sound pretty nice... especially the first
who doesn't love ponies, i mean houyhnhnms
>>
I read it years ago and enjoyed it then. Haven't felt the need to reread it so I don't know if I'd still like it. If you do that's good though.
>>
>>8073415
laughed when he raped the girl
>>
>>8073480
Sorry for the delay, in my opinionThe Book of the New Sun is incredible, also other Gene Wolfe books; some of Tolkien's darker stuff, like The Children of Hurin is worth a look as well.
>>
>>8073774
Hi aramfag, are you shilling for your master today?
>>
>>8073774
I'll have to check those out thanks.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.