[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You suggested me this book and it was shit. Why did you do this to me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1705697.jpg (95 KB, 317x475) Image search: [Google]
1705697.jpg
95 KB, 317x475
You suggested me this book and it was shit. Why did you do this to me?
>>
>>8071796
Shitty in what sense?
>>
>>8071814
It's written boring, and predictable. There's not a lot of atmosphere, and I was looking for atmosphere of the wasteland. Also, it felt like all of these authors used some standard science fiction formulas and having it be in wasteland was just a feature, like writing a romance on a tropical island
>>
>>8071832
you may be right, but you had pretty vapid reasons for going into it in the first place.
>>
>>8071839
>vapid
How so? Wasteland is not just a fancy location. It can be viewed as a concept to be used in fiction like cybernetics or long space travels. I thought I'd see people experimenting and expanding upon the theme of living in a post-apocalyptic world, I also wanted to be engaged.

Instead I got a bland fruit-mix of different stories without anything interesting to say about them
>>
>>8071796
Stephen King, Orson Scott Card and Gurm

What the fuck did you expect?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Blame yourself for picking the wrong book you kuk, someone obviously recommended you Eliot's 'The Waste Land'
>>
>>8071796
>those """"authors""""
Did you get this bullshit as a rec in the scifag containment thread?
>>
>>8071856
Post-apocalyptic settings are pretty much the exclusive domain of intellectually and creatively bankrupt genreshit authors these days.

>>8071882
It'd be hilarious if this is what actually happened.
>>
i think elliot's wasteland was the one people were referring to
>>
i would rather read some sf shit than that hack eliot who was one of the murderers of the poetry
>>
>>8073681

(You)
>>
>>8071796

Did /lit/ really recommend a short story collection from a bunch of meme authors?

It sounds more likely they recommended Eliot, if they did you should probably start with Prufrock and Hollow Men then read an anthology of English poets then read the Waste Land then reread it while referencing the anthology.
>>
>>8073698
>It sounds more likely they recommended Eliot
my twisted world :3
>>
a
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.