[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gf is studying international politics. What books do I read to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: MTE5NDg0MDU1MDQ5MzA3NjYz.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU1MDQ5MzA3NjYz.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
Gf is studying international politics. What books do I read to keep up with her?
>>
read /pol/ desu
>>
Read what she reads.
>>
>>8071604
nah.
>>8071607
Fair enough.
>>
>>8071604
Read the introductory memesters like Huntington, Brzezinski and Kissinger to get a general feel of what you're dealing with and then move to more specific literature.
>>
>>8071601
Kant's pretty useful.
>>
>>8071601
politics and politic history
>>
>>8071601
Had a course where I read "Globalization of world politics" published by Oxford I think.
>>
>>8071601
"Coercion, Capital and European States: AD 990 - 1992" by Charles Tilly:

This is at once an account and an explanation of the evolution of European states during the present millennium. The central problem addressed by the author concerns the great variety in the kinds of state that have prevailed in Europe since AD 990....Professor Tilly shows how interactions between the wielders of power on the one hand and the manipulators of capital on the other resulted in three state formations each of which prevailed over long periods -- tribute-taking empires, systems of fragmented sovereignty, and national states.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/455893.Coercion_Capital_and_European_States
>>
>>8071607
This
>>
Foreign Affairs magazine
>>
>>8071601
The Manipulated Man by Esther Vilar
>>
>>8071601
The Israel Lobby and Us Foreign Policy
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.