[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joseph Conrad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: MTIwNjA4NjMzNzc3MjYwMDQ0.jpg (104 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzNzc3MjYwMDQ0.jpg
104 KB, 1200x1200
I've only read Heart of Darkness so far and I'm interested in reading more of Conrad's writing. I'm on a tight budget, so I have to settle for just one book. What should I go with, Nostromo, or Lord Jim?
>>
>>8071465
Neither, Nigger of the Narcissus and The Secret Agent are his top tier works
>>
>>8071470
The Secret Agent it is then. Thanks a bunch, familia.
>>
>>8071465
nostromo is his best imo (read jim/hod/short stories), definitely get that.
>>
>>8071504
dont do it, secret agent is trash.
>>
>>8071465
'Nostromo' is his best novel, imo.
>>
>>8071787
No it isn't
>>
Lord Jim was my favorite but I haven't read The Narcissistic Nigger
>>
>>8071465
>I'm on a tight budget

Why run to the bookstore and fuck one book, when you can walk down to the library and fuck them all?
>>
>I'm on a tight budget, so I have to settle for just one book

Literally everything Conrad ever wrote is on-line for free, including his rarer works, such as the play he wrote.

*ring ring* Hello? Oh, yes, he's here; hang on. Hey, OP. It's for you. It's 20fucking16 calling.
>>
>>8071787
M8, I still haven't bought anything, don't play with me like this. What do you recommend instead?

>>8071917
I'm from a third-world country, so I doubt libraries here have any of the books I want in English.

I've got a budged of about 80-ish Eurodollars, and I'm set on buying Gravity's Rainbow, A Portrait of the Artist, and a Hamilton biography, so I can only afford one more book on top of those.

>>8071929
I guess I'm just backwards then. I just can't read on my Kindle.
>>
>>8071948
>I'm from a third-world country, so I doubt libraries here have any of the books I want in English.

buy a cheap e-reader or a tablet, at the very end a smartphone with a large display, depending on the country those can be less than 40$
>>
>>8071787
M8, I still haven't bought anything, don't play with me like this. What do you recommend instead?

>>8071917
I'm from a third-world country, so I doubt libraries here have any of the books I want in English.

I've got a budged of about 80-ish Eurodollars, and I'm set on buying Gravity's Rainbow, A Portrait of the Artist, and a Hamilton biography, so I can only afford one more book on top of those.

>>8071929
I guess I'm just backwards then. I just can't read on my Kindle.
>>
>>8071948
>>8071971
Wew, 4chan said that first post didn't actually happen. Hiroshima is a cunt.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.