[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trance is an altered state of consciousness which individuals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 13
File: Dance.jpg (118 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Dance.jpg
118 KB, 1600x900
Trance is an altered state of consciousness which individuals can enter through a variety of techniques...

sound particularly music...

vigorous exercise (particularly dance)...
>>
File: Learn.jpg (21 KB, 214x275) Image search: [Google]
Learn.jpg
21 KB, 214x275
People can also use trance... ...to learn new strategies of thinking or of relating to one another
>>
File: enviroment.jpg (377 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
enviroment.jpg
377 KB, 1600x800
...what Eric Jantsch calls ‘conscious learning’ is a transaction between consciousness, the environment and memory
>>
File: dreamer.jpg (167 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
dreamer.jpg
167 KB, 1600x900
Jantsch also identifies ‘superconscious learning’, which takes place with the addition of ‘outer’ and ‘inner’ ways of learning. These arise through the interaction of consciousness with transpersonal mass/collective consciousness (eg. Jung’s "collective unconscious")
>>
File: Transcendent.jpg (204 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Transcendent.jpg
204 KB, 1600x900
The feedback link between consciousness and superconsciousness gives rise to inner experiential learning or tuning-in to the dynamics of meta-systems transcending human and their immediate environment
>>
File: Namaste.jpg (19 KB, 202x255) Image search: [Google]
Namaste.jpg
19 KB, 202x255
It may be enhanced by various techniques, mostly developed in connection with Eastern philosophies
>>
File: Soundscape.jpg (133 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Soundscape.jpg
133 KB, 1600x900
The sound dimension operates through the harmonics of the melodies as well as the physical impact of amplified sound waves. These elements combine to entrain the human organism within the ‘soundscape’
>>
aww hell, i'm breaking out the poppers for this thread.
>>
File: Enlightenment.jpg (49 KB, 476x596) Image search: [Google]
Enlightenment.jpg
49 KB, 476x596
...Existence is unfinished...

...Nature provides a platform...
>>
File: smile.jpg (58 KB, 734x408) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
58 KB, 734x408
...Magical humanity can build forward...
>>
File: Chloë Grace Moretz.jpg (20 KB, 320x244) Image search: [Google]
Chloë Grace Moretz.jpg
20 KB, 320x244
...it's a co-partnership deal...
>>
File: I See You.jpg (192 KB, 648x855) Image search: [Google]
I See You.jpg
192 KB, 648x855
...it is entirely plausible that experiences imprint certain secondary tendencies within us. A prime example of this is music, music evokes emotions, colours, textures, perhaps even memories of people, places and events. The point I wish to make here is that we carry a lot of unconscious pattern recognition software with us that help us "see" what others may be able to see...
>>
kys please
>>
No matter how late, each night in the salon after dinner Gurdjieff took his little accordion-piano on his knee and, while his left hand worked the bellows, his right hand made music in minor chords and haunting single notes.

But one night in his aromatic store-room he played for five of us, alone, a different kind of music, although whether the difference lay in its sorrowful harmonies or in the way he played I do not know. I only know that no music had ever been so sad. Before it ended I put my head on the table and wept.

‘What has happened to me?’ I said. ‘When I came into this room I was happy. And then that music—and now I am happy again.’

‘I play objective music to make cry,’ Gurdjieff said. ‘There are many kinds such music—some to make laugh, or to love or to hate. This the beginning of music—sacred music, two, three thousand years old. Your church music comes from such but they don’t realize. They have forgotten. This is temple music—very ancient.’

Once when he played I thought the music sounded like a prayer—it seemed to supplicate. And then I thought, ‘It is only my imagination and my emotion,’ and I tried not to feel what I was feeling. But when he had finished, instead of smiling and tapping the top of the instrument with his hand, he sat quite still and his eyes stood motionless, as if he were looking at us through his thoughts. Then he said, ‘It is a prayer,’ and left us.

Dorothy Caruso, “Apartment in Paris,” in
Margaret Anderson, The Unknowable Gurdjieff, pp. 183–184
>>
File: diamond.jpg (62 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
diamond.jpg
62 KB, 800x800
There is no end, no limit to love. It is the boundless ocean in which we live. We have but to open our hearts to it, let it pour through us like pent-up water through the floodgates of a dam. Let the power of light drive us. Let there be Love!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458304093580.jpg (77 KB, 720x870) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458304093580.jpg
77 KB, 720x870
>omg i love music
>eastern philosophy, like yoga omg
>love!

It's like the author is trying to explain music feels in a scientific way but there's no science behind his explanation so it's really just a bunch of nonsense. idgaf op.
>>
are you a hypnotist op because im actually really into that...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.